Model Cars Magazine Forum

Splash Paints LLC Order

I placed an order with Splash Paints LLC last Friday, March 23. It just arrived today. The order was contained in two USPS Priority Mail boxes attached together. The contents were protected inside with foam peanuts. Besides being extremely fast, the cost was more than reasonable at just over $15.

All of the colors I purchased are flat, base-coat in nature. They come in 1 fl.oz. plastic bottles with metal ball agitator. They should be clear coated. They are airbrush ready and just require shaking the bottle before use. Here are is a list of the products that I purchased:

Viking Blue                  SP-031

Green H*ll Magno      SP-029

Racing Yellow             SP-006

Rubystone Red            SP-016

Grigio Titans               SP-027

Solarbeam Yellow      SP-026

Miami Blue                 SP-024

Ultra Violet Purple      SP-021

Giallo Triplo Strato     SP-022

Arancio Atlas              SP-003

I also purchased Gloss Clear (2 fl.oz.) and Flat Clear (2 fl.oz.)

The Gloss Clear comes with Activator (0.5 fl.oz.) and thinner (0.5 fl.oz.) Ratio 4:1:1

The Flat Clear comes with Activator (0.5 fl.oz.) Ratio 5:1

On top of all of this, a dozen pipettes were included free of charge!

At this point, I am a very satisfied customer with the service that I received on this order.

Edited by Bill Eh?
missed something!

41 minutes ago, peter31a said:

Interesting. So quick shipping and no problem with shipping here to Canada? I'd say worth a look.

Hey Peter, 

If you select the $35 option, I will refund you the difference of the actual shipping cost.  If you'd like I can always throw in paints instead of the refund which I did with Bill.  I believe I threw in one or two extra paints for the number of paints he ordered.

SP LLC

Sam

4 minutes ago, Samuel S said:

Thanks Bill! 

Every color you order comes with a pipette.  The flat clear is something that you may adjust to 4:1 for semi gloss finish, 5:1 for eggshell, 6:1 for very dry flat finish.

SP LLC 

Sam

Samuel, that is great information concerning how to achieve a semi-gloss finish. I had been thinking about that very issue! LOL :lol:

27 minutes ago, Xingu said:

I also received a shipment of Splash paint. Very quick shipping. I hope to try it out in the near future and will let everyone know how I like it.

Let me know! Son of a gun (gunmetal) or Watkins Glen Grey is one of my favorite colors.

They dry completely flat.  Make sure to apply them pretty thin.

DSC_0140.thumb.JPG.f27510e78e611cc70a9808aa842fc474.JPG

Bad picture but The solar beam yellow has been painted over gray primer so the color came out little dark and applied clear coat.

DSC_0143.thumb.JPG.56e42149866e6bbd42d33bd45180c7d9.JPG

Left one is Rosso Corsa.  The right one is Rosso Bia (with yellow pearl) gray primer underneath without any clear coat.  The left guy has been cleared with the 2K Clearcoat and personally I never really had any issues painting or clear coating in any weather.  

DSC_0176.thumb.JPG.f748d189fdb229334b412c5b27c36f16.JPG

Lulu says hi!

Edited by Samuel S

2 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Samuel, can you custom mix colors? , like say a color that was used on a 84 Oldsmobile, can you mix that up?

Hey Jonathan, we have a service called Splash On Demand on our website where you can request any custom color of your choice. So the answer is yes.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Ok, cool, you guys are on my radar

Do your spoon photos with a light blue background...it is neutral for the eyes and lets your colours stand out.

Old dentistry trick in choosing tooth shades;)

I like the pups :D

Hi,

That's very interesting and makes sense as we evolved outdoors under a light blue sky.

However our color bays are a sort of medium grey.  But then again looking at electrically generated colors is different then looking at paint generated colors.

Edited by aurfalien

2 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Ok, cool, you guys are on my radar

Do your spoon photos with a light blue background...it is neutral for the eyes and lets your colours stand out.

IMG_2147.thumb.JPG.528a2a444d26b0ca6782f1b40340ca30.JPG

Old dentistry trick in choosing tooth shades;)

I like the pups :D

I will try on green if I can.  Don’t have any blue background haha! Car is looking great.

2 hours ago, Twokidsnosleep said:

Just registered my account!

I have a couple of aircraft builds currently and then will pull the trigger later towards summer for a VW surf van I have planned.

We've got metallizers coming in the way ;)

• 1 month later...