Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1:24 1970 Buick GSX street machine

Atmobil

I finished something!!!!
First model I have finished in well over a year, started on this a long time ago and it has been sitting in the box. I got it out and I have over the past few weeks added a littlebit of detail to it as often as I could. This is by no means a show quality model but I don't care. Afterall, I am the onlyone that will look at it later anyway and I think it looks cool and will do so even on the shelf.
I have added no extra details to, no plugwires or anything like that. Straight out of the box. All of the brightwork has been done with molotow chrome pen.
As you can see on the pictures I have gone for a mostly all white look with a white interior and exterior but I painted the enginebay satinblack (with a brush) You can also see that I did not do much more as the battery is not detailpainted and it will not be either. This model is shown with its hood in place.
I have for many years had a thing for the late 80s and early 90s look with the graphics and colors that was used back then and this kit is dated 1989. Amazingly the decals went on almost without a problem.
The chassis was also detailpainted with a brush, not very great but I don't care because I don't see it when it is sitting on my shelf.
I'm happy to have finished one of my projects, one down and several hundreds to go:lol:

IMG_0756-vi.jpg
IMG_0757-vi.jpg
IMG_0758-vi.jpg
IMG_0759-vi.jpg
IMG_0760-vi.jpg
IMG_0761-vi.jpg
IMG_0762-vi.jpg
IMG_0763-vi.jpg
IMG_0764-vi.jpg
IMG_0766-vi.jpg
IMG_0767-vi.jpg
IMG_0768-vi.jpg
IMG_0769-vi.jpg

The decals are from a bygone era but the way you built this kit with the white body and bumpers it looks good. I have this same kit and the only thing I have done is used the blower setup on another build. This gives me an idea to maybe do something similar to your build.

8 hours ago, crazyjim said:

It's good feeling getting a model done.  Now get started on the next one.

Yes it is, but I'm trying not to start a new one now. Got to finish more started projects. The 1980 Bronco I started last christmas would be the best candidate as that is very close finished. But I also got some12-15 other projects on my bench:lol:

Just now, espo said:

The decals are from a bygone era but the way you built this kit with the white body and bumpers it looks good. I have this same kit and the only thing I have done is used the blower setup on another build. This gives me an idea to maybe do something similar to your build.

Thank you, yes the decals are from another time. I was lucky that they even worked out aswell as they did. I have actaully collected several decalsheets from kitreleases from that period and have wanted to build something like this for several years. I did have an idea to build a sort of "sister" Buick from AMTs 66 Riviera in a similar style some time ago, maybe I will do it in the future.