Model Cars Magazine Forum

Crosley

geemoney

• 1 year later...

As a kid in the early 90's, I wished I could draw like Thom Taylor... so much so many years later, I had to work up my own 3d interpretation of this awesome art!!!  (because I still can't draw)

Lots of detail to go on my "off topic" exercise…. can't wait to see your next update!

Screenshot (649).png

• Like 1

'nuther shot.  I've refined a few details and taken a few liberties (as did Thom...LOL)  

Never tried to print in 1/25th.   That changes this week.  Attempted 3d print #1 with the "complete" body will be Thursday night.

If it's cool, I'll post pix here! 

Thanks for the inspiration geemonkey!

Screenshot (651).png

Success!!!

1/25th scale gets a bit "fiddley" and is a delicate... but it did print!.. and it works with "out of the box" 1/25th scale wheels and tires!

Usually I work in 1/10th scale (R/C territory).  The layer lines are kinda heavy.. thinkin' spot putty or filler primer would solve all the sins. But..... here are the results of 24 hours of 3d cad design.   There are several revisions I will make to correct gaps in the model and the overall look of the rear bustle... but I think this would finish with a bit of effort.  Thanks for allowing me to take a "left turn" on this awesome post Geemonkey!

Thom crosley.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...