Model Cars Magazine Forum

Upload pics from a phone?

foxbat426

Several other members had problems uploading photos that were taken in portrait layout (holding the phone vertical). The forum software didn't like the tall photos. Try uploading photos that were taken in landscape layout (holding the phone horizontal). Your phone could also be naming the photos in a peculiar fashion. Try renaming the photos and be sure to not use spaces or symbols. Hope that helps.

Seems to work fine when taken portrait style and uploaded directly from my phone, but I doubt you are using a Nokia 928 Windows phone. :D

Make sure there are no underscores "_" in the file name, either, as that sometimes seems to be a problem, too.

Edited by Casey

7 hours ago, Xingu said:

Several other members had problems uploading photos that were taken in portrait layout (holding the phone vertical). The forum software didn't like the tall photos. Try uploading photos that were taken in landscape layout (holding the phone horizontal). Your phone could also be naming the photos in a peculiar fashion. Try renaming the photos and be sure to not use spaces or symbols. Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Seems to work fine when taken portrait style and uploaded directly from my phone, but I doubt you are using a Nokia 928 Windows phone. :D

Make sure there are no underscores "_" in the file name, either, as that sometimes seems to be a problem, too.

As Michael said, at least with my phone which is a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, the forum software seems to not like the tall portrait photos but works fine with landscape photos. It also does not matter if you upload it directly from the phone or copy the pics from the phone to your computer, as I have done it both ways. Also, at least in my case, it doesn't matter that the file name has an underscore "_" in it, because my phone titles the photo like this for the date and time that the photo was taken: 

20180325_184016

That is the way that both my phone and my computer shows the filename of the photo to upload here, and this is the pic that goes to that filename. 

20180325_184016.thumb.jpg.79099aaa6436bc4066e18290b8aec142.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

No photos show up Bruce - just a URL link.  But I'm pretty sure that in order for a photo to show up  the link needs to point to a picture (like JPG or PNG, or GIF).  Your link does not. end in any of those extensions.