Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Mustang

Pat Minarick

14 minutes ago, Pat Minarick said:

Thank. I believe it is the  Mach1 kit , the louvers are from one of the other versions.

1 hour ago, vamach1 said:

Looks like the Revell 69 SCJ with louvers from the 70 Boss 302.

Thanks for the reply about the louvers. I think they give the `'69 thru '70 era Mustangs that bad to the bone vibe. :-)

I'll be looking forward to futher progress on this project..keep up the great work!

Edited by 69NovaYenko

Mean looking Mustang. The rear window slats look in scale which would be hard for such an intricate part. The wheel openings look perfect and not overdone. The stance looks great as is and the Keystone wheels give the wheel & tire combo the right look.   

On 3/31/2018 at 7:02 PM, Pat Minarick said:

Not sure what color it will be, but really thinking a metallic blue.

My opinion it should be faded and worn, maybe with a few "parking mishaps" included. That's the way these cars looked in the 80s. Remember, at that time they were just used cars having gone through multiple owners before ending up with teenagers with very little money. I know, I was one of them!

The stance looks right on!

23 minutes ago, Psychographic said:

Burnout or a Cheech and Chong moment?:rolleyes:

That was at Gateway International Speedway!   The front fender lip actually sat level with the top of the rim. It must of hooked up, can't remember if it had 3:91's or 5:13 ' s in it at the time! Triple black 73 Road Runner , really miss that car!!