Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fiat Abarth 695 .

Silver Foxx

Woh! The yellow one- they expected actual humans to fit in that?! Imagine getting hit in that? They would have to go looking for your remains!
The late model Abarth looks like it would be a hoot to drive!  A little buzz bomb!

A great job on both the modern and original version :)

The original Fiat 500 was designed to negotiate the many tiny narrow streets of old Italy and Sicily, same with the scooter based utility vehicle named the Ape(pronounced Arpay I do believe). Many of which are still in daily use. The modern Fiat is based on a Fiat Panda chassis and shares many parts. For the British Isles we had the Mini of course. Not a rich country just after the war, this was the first real car built to replace the common family transport of a motorcycle and sidecar.

We are a funny old lot over here as many or the long standing listed owners clubs for such cars do not recognise the modern designs and are not encouraged to join. These include cars such as the new Mini, we dislike this mainly because it is a BMW design mainly,  VW beetle, and even the new so called Routemaster bus. Why funny? Because turn up to an American car show in a brand new Mustang or Challenger and you are waved in with open arms, same with all the Harley Davidson motorcycle shows, there is no prejudice against an old Pan head to the latest liquid cooled OHC models.

What next, maybe a 2020 version of the Morris Minor! YUCK ???

Great models, enjoy, J.

I've been tempted to get one of these, but I'm glad you actually built one!  Looks great!  Good to know the wheels are incorrect.

Yea, just like every other manufacturer, the early ones are tiny, the "new & improved" are at least 1/3 larger for American market.  I had a 2003 and 2007 MINI Cooper, so been there done that.