Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aoshima Aventador SV

Samuel S

Sup fellas!

Lamborghini is my dream car and I decided to build this beast for upcoming NW meet happening in Portland Oregon.

I couldn't decide between this Grigio Titans and Rosso Bia.

For the sake of time, I decided to go with a flat color that wouldn't require any time-consuming polishing.

The bumpers are attached to HD Photo etch parts / primed and will be applied with some beluga black followed by semi-gloss clear.  

The interesting thing about Splash Paints "Flat" clear is that you can adjust the clear coat mixture ratio to achieve 4:1 (Semi-gloss), 5:1 (Eggshell), and 6:1 (Flat).

The SV logo template in the back I created with Photoshop because there were no available aftermarket decals that would fit the narrow hip of the Aventador SV.

Enough talking and will let the photos talk!

DSC_0206.thumb.JPG.0893192129d9d7a3a8b0bd040df68905.JPG

DSC_0207.thumb.JPG.ef52a813ddb03be9b3fb533ef9c01627.JPG

DSC_0208.thumb.JPG.44fab1cfadb9dabea3167771a5030433.JPG

I love HD metal waterslide decals.  Really fine detailed with raised bull and lettering like the real emblem.

DSC_0209.thumb.JPG.95691d3bf22ae7751c8623409857d6cd.JPGDSC_0210.thumb.JPG.ed20d733cb2e687a43bd5c9c8288f2f4.JPGDSC_0211.thumb.JPG.313469a7daa0e7f76c7a720375334b1f.JPG

I applied KA Carbon Fiber decal for the side scoop.  I will be also applying carbon fiber decal to the air intake and the spoiler as well.  Not even going to mess with the bumpers :lol: Photo etch parts were painful enough :unsure:

DSC_0214.thumb.JPG.753e01ffe3500bbf425dda1b8be1dc71.JPG

Not the best masking job in the world but I think the SV logo came out pretty darn good.

DSC_0215.thumb.JPG.bab318b9f5e3f57d8cc7d29842dec701.JPG

Love the aggressiveness of Lamborghini lines. 

DSC_0217.thumb.JPG.f642e346224dcd575c28a503119523c6.JPGDSC_0218.thumb.JPG.c66398a526bea1690089275a53c4dc0f.JPG

DSC_0219.thumb.JPG.93a346d75387aba2f6de90f9dc01f0e0.JPG

I am screaming at this picture!  But it's worth the pain.

DSC_0220.thumb.JPG.93b4dc97195948f14cc083d177c7b129.JPGDSC_0221.thumb.JPG.bd7e73322b9c80dc7decde1949e35e34.JPGDSC_0222.thumb.JPG.71dfd8d9acf86046d04922ffc229939b.JPG

That's all!  Aoshima kit always gave me hard times with Aventador kits but this one was a breeze since this is their "final" improved kit compared to very first regular Aventador that they released years ago.

Stay tuned for upcoming build updates!

Cheers,

Edited by Samuel S

4 hours ago, da_ashman said:

Awesome work so far!!! Great colour choice & those PE parts really make it! Cant wait to see more!

Thanks a lot.  I hope I can push through.

4 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

I'm not really into exotics, but I must say that is one sexy looking automobile. Your workmanship so far looks perfect! I agree, that is a great color for it.

Right? Lambos are soo awesome

I like how it's looking.  Currently working on the LP700-4 Roadster.  I didn't like the way all the vents looked on the front and rear, so I am replacing them with railroad modeling screen that I get from my LHS.  Following this while I work on mine.  My progress is slow so I tend to not do build threads much.

Lambo vents.jpg

4 hours ago, carl63_99 said:

I like how it's looking.  Currently working on the LP700-4 Roadster.  I didn't like the way all the vents looked on the front and rear, so I am replacing them with railroad modeling screen that I get from my LHS.  Following this while I work on mine.  My progress is slow so I tend to not do build threads much.

Lambo vents.jpg

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2018 at 11:53 AM, ismaelg said:

Looking really good!  That color suits the car well.  I need to try a flat colored car someday.

Flat colors are my go to when I am fighting for time to build... No need to polish things out :lol:

On 5/19/2018 at 6:40 AM, JeroenM3 said:

Looks good for now! interesting to see it finished! definately on my list still to get one day...

This one was their "final" improved kit so definitely better than other ones but not the best fitment compared to Tamiya.

16 hours ago, Samuel S said:

This one was their "final" improved kit so definitely better than other ones but not the best fitment compared to Tamiya.

I know how that goes, got 2 aoshima kits (the F1GTR longtail and the murcie SV) and found tamiya's fitment alot better also, shame is that tamiya doesnt make alot of kits that aoshima does (or any other company for that matter) so if you want to build that model you'll have to get it from aoshima (like the sesto elemento, huayra etc)

18 hours ago, jchrisf said:

Great to see you posting here Samuel.  I am new to this hobby and a recent subscriber to your YT channel.  I really like your builds as they are my style and you even include the cool sportbikes!

Can't forget about the bikes!!!!

14 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

Very nice build going on here. Details are really going to set this one off.

Thanks!!

14 hours ago, Ich_Will said:

Looks great! I'm more of a Ferrari man myself, but this is cool. Will be watching this one unfold. 

Hehe Ferraris are bad too ;)

13 hours ago, JeroenM3 said:

I know how that goes, got 2 aoshima kits (the F1GTR longtail and the murcie SV) and found tamiya's fitment alot better also, shame is that tamiya doesnt make alot of kits that aoshima does (or any other company for that matter) so if you want to build that model you'll have to get it from aoshima (like the sesto elemento, huayra etc)

Tamiya's belly is full.... They don't invest a lot in 1/24 and 1/20 kits..

• 2 months later...
On 4/2/2018 at 1:57 PM, Samuel S said:

The interesting thing about Splash Paints "Flat" clear is that you can adjust the clear coat mixture ratio to achieve 4:1 (Semi-gloss), 5:1 (Eggshell), and 6:1 (Flat).

Is the clear coat mixture you are referring to, the clear to hardener ratio?  So for semi-gloss it's 4 parts clear to 1 part hardener? 

3 hours ago, crowe-t said:

Is the clear coat mixture you are referring to, the clear to hardener ratio?  So for semi-gloss it's 4 parts clear to 1 part hardener? 

Sounds to me like the ratio is for adding flattening agent to a gloss clear. The sheen of paint would not be changed by different ratio of hardener.