[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Posted (edited)

Just like the title says I need a complete engine and trans of a Cummins NTC 400...

the engine is in the following kits.

Cummins NTC-400

Italeri Freightliner FLC

Revell AG Mack Superliner

Italeri Freightliner FLC Dumptruck

Italeri Western Star

Italeri Mack Superliner
The Revell Germany (also known as Revell AG) Kenworth K100, T600A and all their Peterbilt kits has the Cummins NTC 475 engine I talk about, and the Revell Germany Kenworth K100 Flat Top and K100 Aerodyne kits.

Thanks in advance!!!

Edited by DrKerry

12 hours ago, DrKerry said:

Just like the title says I need a complete engine and trans of a Cummins NTC 400...

the engine is in the following kits.

Cummins NTC-400

Italeri Freightliner FLC

Revell AG Mack Superliner

Italeri Freightliner FLC Dumptruck

Italeri Western Star

Italeri Mack Superliner

Thanks in advance!!!

Actually, it comes in every non Peterbilt Italeri US truck kit. PM'ed ya. 

Posted (edited)

Italeri has not been known to do everything correct all the time with their kits, some of the Cummins NTC engines in their kits don't have a water to air aftercooler wich I think all NTC 400 engines had, Italeri modified some to an air to air intercooler in front of the radiator instead and most likely they thought it was enough to make it pass for a N14...well, close but no cigar...because it takes more than that to do a correct N14 as the cylinder head area on the N14 looks quite different from the NTC and there are also more differences. <_<
The Italeri Cummins engines are not done particulary well either as I think the casting of the valve covers are a bit too shallow.
Italeri tooled trucks with Cummins NTC engines without the water to air aftercooler are the Ford LTL 9000, Ford Aeromax and the Freightliner FLD, the same kits are also reboxed and issued by Revell AG.

You can do a better NTC 400 from the NTC 475 in the Revell AG Peterbilt 353 and 359, Kenworth K100's and T600A kits, just use one of the two turbos, modify the crossover pipe to the aftercooler to fit and you're done.

Edited by Force

Thanks gents!!

6 hours ago, Force said:

Italeri has not been known to do everything correct all the time with their kits, some of the Cummins NTC engines in their kits don't have a water to air aftercooler wich I think all NTC 400 engines had, Italeri modified some to an air to air intercooler in front of the radiator instead and most likely they thought it was enough to make it pass for a N14...well, close but no cigar...because it takes more than that to do a correct N14 as the cylinder head area on the N14 looks quite different from the NTC and there are also more differences. <_<
The Italeri Cummins engines are not done particulary well either as I think the casting of the valve covers are a bit too shallow.
Italeri tooled trucks with Cummins NTC engines without the water to air aftercooler are the Ford LTL 9000, Ford Aeromax and the Freightliner FLD, the same kits are also reboxed and issued by Revell AG.

You can do a better NTC 400 from the NTC 475 in the Revell AG Peterbilt 353 and 359, Kenworth K100's and T600A kits, just use one of the two turbos, modify the crossover pipe to the aftercooler to fit and you're done.

Thanks gents, so Håkan, if the K100 is basically the same with the added cross over pile and stuff mentioned. I could use the K100 engine! What I’m doing is building the BJ and the Bear truck and Paul Sagehorn told me his truck has the Cummins 400 in it. So by adding the code over pipe and stuff I could use that and make it work?

Posted (edited)

Yes it's all you have to do, except for the dual turbo arrangement on the NTC 475 in the Revell AG kit the engine otherwise looks the same as a 400 wich only has one single turbo, so leave off one turbo and connect up the remaining turbo with the aftercooler and you have your NTC 400.

One more advantage using the Revell kit is it also has the correct 180 inch wheelbase so you don't have to do anything about that.
But if you are really picky the dash panel is wrong style and no correct dash is available as far as I know, both the AMT and Revell AG kits have wrong dash panel in their K100 Aerodyne kits, the kits has the earlier K100 non Aerodyne dash but all the Aerodyne COE cabs has a different style dash wich the later K100 flat tops also got.

Edited by Force

9 hours ago, Force said:

Yes it's all you have to do, except for the dual turbo arrangement on the NTC 475 in the Revell AG kit the engine otherwise looks the same as a 400 wich only has one single turbo, so leave off one turbo and connect up the remaining turbo with the aftercooler and you have your NTC 400.

One more advantage using the Revell kit is it also has the correct 180 inch wheelbase so you don't have to do anything about that.
But if you are really picky the dash panel is wrong style and no correct dash is available as far as I know, both the AMT and Revell AG kits have wrong dash panel in their K100 Aerodyne kits, the kits has the earlier K100 non Aerodyne dash but all the Aerodyne COE cabs has a different style dash wich the later K100 flat tops also got.

So it looks like I need to find an Revell AG kit engine? Thanks for the info!!

It’d be this kit correct??C551DBE9-93FC-41DF-9D27-C697FEA1E3AD.jpeg.10e500f52fb3e5613b007576f6b077c9.jpeg

Posted (edited)

No the snap kits of the Peterbilt 359 and Kenworth W900 Aerodyne has a Cat 3406 and it's US Revell.
The Revell Germany (also known as Revell AG) Kenworth K100, T600A and all their Peterbilt kits has the Cummins NTC 475 engine I talk about, and the Revell Germany Kenworth K100 Flat Top and K100 Aerodyne kits has been reissued the last year and should be quite easy to find.

Edited by Force

1 hour ago, Force said:

No the snap kits of the Peterbilt 359 and Kenworth W900 Aerodyne has a Cat 3406 and it's US Revell.
The Revell Germany (also known as Revell AG) Kenworth K100, T600A and all their Peterbilt kits has the Cummins NTC 475 engine I talk about, and the Revell Germany Kenworth K100 Flat Top and K100 Aerodyne kits has been reissued the last year and should be quite easy to find.

Got it now!! Thank you much!!!

go to Sour Kraut's model truck parts   , 

Most of his listed stuff are sold out and has been for a long time, so he does not have any engines right now and no listing for a Cummins NTC.

Actually guys, I have found one! I ended up getting the Revell K100 and it has the Cummins 400 in it so it’s a win win!!!