Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 25 Ford as an altered drag car started. Done

Starting this one. I found and old box of junk parts in my attic when I moved in here, and I've been looking to use this old beat up body on something. I didn't have enough pieces to do a junkyard build so I just set the body aside until I started this kit. I got it in a trade a while ago and found the body fit this kit perfectly. So here we go.

20180331_180547[1].jpg

20180331_180452[1].jpg

20180402_143856[1].jpg

Edited by Johnt671

Motor is done. I finally got most of the old paint off. What a pain, I had to scrape a lot of it off with a razor knife even after 4 days in brake fluid. Then primed with scratch filler primer and wet sanded. The wheels are all done.

20180409_171133[1].jpg

20180409_171201[1].jpg

20180409_171432[1].jpg

20180409_121034[1].jpg

20180409_173249[1].jpg

On 4/14/2018 at 11:20 AM, John Pol said:

Good after a well to get use to wiring you will love it

I've wired a couple of hemis which are fairly easy to do. but I failed on an old Chevy six that I did for an old Ford rod. I've started on it.

IMG_0068.JPG

It's done, but I haven't had the time to take finished pictures. We decided last week we were tired of the crappy weather in PA, and to go to FL for a few weeks. At least there's a Hobby Lobby not too far from the house. Maybe by the time we get back the weather will be above freezing at night.

To be fair to him, the Revell parts pack instructs the builder to mount the distributor (a Flamethrower, IIRC) at the rear on the blown option.  They tooled up a separate timing cover for the blown version and they could easily have made it with an angled mag drive, as was usually used in the real world.  Instead, they put a hole in the back of the blower manifold...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back from vacation and will post finished pictures so. As said above I don't know Ford motors very well, and trusted the instructions. It's too late to change it now but I will file it away. I have another one waiting for a kit to use it on and may buy a few more in the future. The same same goes for the front wheels. Thanks for the tips.