Model Cars Magazine Forum

Citroen Fourgon Type H - Guinness Beer Hauler

I was looking for something to build for the "Light Commercial" category in the upcoming Desert Scale Classic. I came across the Heller Citroen Fourgon Type H delivery van. I remember "Wheeler's and Dealer's" rebuilding a Fourgon van on the "Velocity Network". I thought it was a quirky little van. I had my local hobby shop order one up for me. Plus I found a nice Guinness Beer decal for this van from "Motobitz".

4_Citroen_Fourgon_Type_H_79850-vi.jpg

citroenfourgonguinness_decal-vi.jpg

I wanted to display the model on a street scene with a dude making a delivery in Ireland. I needed to find a figure, beer cases, kegs and a hand truck. I found some milk cartons from Larry G Scale (made a mold of the cartons and resin cast a big bunch of beer cases).

MilkCrate-vi.jpg

I also fired up the Unimat 3 and made a keg (made a mold of the keg and resin cast a bunch of these). I scratch-built the hand truck from brass using the one in my garage as reference. The wheels/tires are from my 1/43rd scale parts box.

DSC_7352-vi.jpg

The delivery dude is a figure from Tamiya. The Guinness Beer decals I copied, sized and printed for the crates, kegs and delivery dude's shirt.

Here's the van with it's cargo before I put the top on it.

DSC_7362-vi.jpg

DSC_7369-vi.jpg

I used a display base from my buddy Raul, covered up the asphalt with cobblestone from Plastruct.

DSC_7499-vi.jpg

DSC_7500-vi.jpg

DSC_7501-vi.jpg

DSC_7506-vi.jpg

thanks for lookin'...