Model Cars Magazine Forum

TAT 2018- California Pete TMC Transportion livery is DONE!!!

Thought the Chrome valve covers would look good on it so I left them alone!! Shot clear on the frame but after I had the engine in it flattened out!?!? Oh well! Not pulling it apart to try another clear! I’ll use something different when I do the body panels though!

tires and wheels are done and ready to go on, body and interior are next!!!

Edited by DrKerry

2 hours ago, DrKerry said:

Ok!!! I’m bummed! Started pulling body parts out and realized this old girl doesn’t have hood hinges in it!! Of course now the frame is painted!!!??? Aye aye aye!!! 

Looks great Kerry!!

I've never tried it on a Peterbilt and it wouldn't be 100% accurate, I often use doll house door hinges to mount my hoods. I mount them to the bumper and depending on how you mount them the hood can tilt 90 degrees. My LNT 9000 has these hinges as well as my Apollo 92 and my 9000 White. Most of the time AMT's hinge set up on all their big rigs don't work very well unless you mount the bumper too low.

Nice project Kerry, also for me the first time i seea  fifth wheel release at the rear, learning every time.

With enemal paint its good to do, just dilute it with turpentine and paint a couple of layers for the cover.

Let every single layer dry good before u put the next on the object.

I'll did it couple of times and the result looks very good, like its sprayed and no loss of details.

This is a self made engine and painted with Revell enemal paint.....

NB%20470.jpg

I hope you do not mind that I post this photo in your topic, otherwise i will remove it.

Hermann.

5 hours ago, Hermann Kersten said:

Nice project Kerry, also for me the first time i seea  fifth wheel release at the rear, learning every time.

With enemal paint its good to do, just dilute it with turpentine and paint a couple of layers for the cover.

Let every single layer dry good before u put the next on the object.

I'll did it couple of times and the result looks very good, like its sprayed and no loss of details.

This is a self made engine and painted with Revell enemal paint.....

NB%20470.jpg

I hope you do not mind that I post this photo in your topic, otherwise i will remove it.

Hermann.

Looks good Hermann!!!! I don’t mind if it’s on here!! I like your work!!!!

On 6/10/2018 at 6:56 PM, bandit1 said:

I will warn you, unless it was just me but when you go to set the hood in place it will not clear the chrome steering linkage part...

Thanks for the heads up but it barely does clear it! I realized after paint I forgot to add the other part of the linkage. I may pop it apart and fix it so it looks right.

Coming together nicely!! Body panels are in flat black base coat. I need to get some more metallic black for final coat though!! Interior parts are painted in Colonial Red to simulate the darker red Pete interior color.. Fuel tanks are hung, working on sanding and prepping parts for paint now! 

I have to get some more Bare Metal Foil so I can foil the Mercury sleeper that’s going on. I have a resin visor from Auslowe Resin for it too, that and a pair of forward mud shields or what ever ya call them?!?! Lol I also have a chrome tail light bar/mud flap hanger for the tail of the truck to complete it... 

Decals added to mud flaps!! Kevin has another set on its way my way that will go on the doors!C1238A12-6AC6-43BE-A044-1A731DE6000F.thumb.jpeg.a3e834a95999eba15bdeebf590f7aa63.jpeg

Colonial Red over Black to simulate Peterbilt Oxblood Red for the interior.

image.thumb.jpg.b0ddb162156573eebbbdb91475a1c43b.jpg

Chassis is almost done except shocks, radiator, battery box, and exhaust.

image.thumb.jpg.1f3cb95a928169912ef5073f7cf100a4.jpgo