Model Cars Magazine Forum

1978 Chevy Nova 4dr POLICE

DEL

The front seat has a nice shape Dwayne... The headrests are a nice detail. The seat patterens could easily be added if someone wanted them like in a civilian coupe. I think that St. Louis car must've had the cloth option box checked. I like the extensions on the back seat too, They look how my 2 door trunk conversion back seats looked.  You're making some good progress buddy. 

Thanks guys for the encouragement...  The interior is almost done, I am trying to do something with the kit glass... We will see.  Or we WON'T!  And then it would be pretty much done I suppose.. 

Keep watching. New pics coming soon.. :D

Thanks, Danno!

Here is another few 'almost dunn' pics of the 4dr-d interior showing rear door panel detail and the sedan package tray.

Small mods to the dash to make a 78 one and find or build a Camaro steering wheel and I THINK this will be another one done and going to the que to be replicated. Thanks again to Anthony for the donor parts and all the encouragement and feedback on the project. 

When I get those other bits done I'll post another pic of the car mocked up.  Heck, I might even go ahead and B&W it. Casting doesn't know color eh?

180522 - Int (1).JPG

180522 - Int (2).JPG

180522 - Int (3).JPG

Excellent work on the interior (as well as the rest of this master), Dwayne. Since it sounds like you will be casting this one too down the road, I will ask to be added to the queue promising to purchase two kits when they are finished and available. Why stop with the '88-'91 Crown Vic!

170526-3525968-1978-Chevrolet-Nova-9C1-5322-default-large.jpg

Thanks Guys!

I will add each of you to the Nova list I am keeping and let you know when these are available.

Back in that time period I had little regard for these because it was A) something Cali did (they rrty all kinds of things. Some OK, some not) and because in my limited experience young mind only big full size four door sedans with the largest big block available qualified as 'real' copcars in my view. 

Funny how forty years and the tinge of nostalgia (Pres. Carter, Billy Beer, those fun OPEC oil embargoes and the resulting lines and headaches for gas) makes one re-visit these original impressions in a different way.  I see now it was a hot, fast little car which was light and had a couple of seats bolted to a 350/4bbl basically. How could it NOT be a screamer even smog emission choked?

I have fallen in love with them.

• 3 months later...

Thanks to Kevin H (Khils) and his donation of the proper SS steering wheel, I was prompted to go the extra mile and create the proper 77-79 Dash that seems to be lacking in any of the MPC or AMT annuals.  At least as far as I can tell. It seems to me that when they did the dash for the 75 version when they updated the grille or whatever each year they let the dashboard slide.

Took a bit of wrangling to make a bit of a proper representation. Even called for casting some new AC ducts to fit in the dash bezel openings. See what you think..

180903 (1).JPG

180903 (4).JPG

180903 (5).JPG

180903 (7).JPG

180903 (8).JPG

180903 (10).JPG

32 minutes ago, DEL said:

At least as far as I can tell. It seems to me that when they did the dash for the 75 version when they updated the grille or whatever each year they let the dashboard slide.

Looks like you nailed "D" ....glad to help!  

Thank you, Kevin, Tom & John!

I have added Tom & John to my list.  I cannot say exactly when it will come out but I am sending it out this week to Greg for casting, and I THINK it will be the next one after the 1991 CVPI is up and running.

Greg & Mike are working hard to get this up and running!  Thank you again.:)

Those that know them well, Like Anthony and a couple of others might see a diff but far as I can see the only thing is a bit of refined detail in the grille.

The body & interior remains virtually unchanged, as far as I can see..

1 hour ago, dragcarz said:

I would be very interested in one of these, as I was pulled over by one of these 21 times back in my street racing days.

A man after my own heart.  I was ALMOST on a first name basis with the local troopers in the late 70's. City cops, I actually was!

Added you to the list Roger. Thanks!

Dwayne... I'm sure I'm already on the list for one of these Novas, but I thought I'd double-check now that the master is almost finished. And you can also add my name for the '73 Chevy. Oh... and the LeMans Enforcer. And any other police car/4 door sedan that manifests itself from your brain into resin from now to eternity. Your stuff is amazing!

John!

Thank you again for the fine words. Next time I'm blithering out at 1:15 AM I'm gonna reflect on that and keep goin'.;)

Yes, you are on my list for sure at like #4,  and I have already handed it over to Greg.  Now I can't guarantee where you are overall but I promise you are and I will double check and make sure I add you to each of the others as well. Matter of fact I have a list that just says notify on all and you and a couple others are on that.

And thanks again for the button caps, I PM'd you about. I can't say how much I appreciate all the help and support and PATIENCE I've received on this board.  People here are great.

Thanks!