[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

5 minutes ago, triplelindy said:

Excellent work. I would also like to be informed when these are available. I will pay up front if that helps.

Sent it to Greg Wann. Thanks!!

On 9/13/2018 at 12:23 PM, Repstock said:

Is there any difference between the 1977 and 1978 Novas?

Yes, there are minor differences but one major change between the civilian cars was the steering wheel, that's how you can tell a 78 from a 77. The 78 wheel was "truck like" too me, never cared for it. Dwayne has the correct 9c1 wheel for this application and the Dash turned out nicely as well. Great attention to detail...

Dwayne you´re doing very impressive work again.

So much scratchbuilding. Would be glad to have time and skills to do something like this. Maybe I can can ask you for help when time has come...

6 hours ago, camaro69 said:

Dwayne you´re doing very impressive work again.

So much scratchbuilding. Would be glad to have time and skills to do something like this. Maybe I can can ask you for help when time has come...

First thank you again Anthony I appreciate that.  c69 I don't mind helping anyone, but what I need to do is a better job of documenting my process from start to finish. I'll try to remember to do that on one of the upcoming ones.  Usually I dive in and I'm a good third of the way in before I remember to take the first photograph. that's not very helpful.  I will say this; practice helps a lot and one needs to learn how to work with styrene  strip and sheets much more than finding another car that has a part on it that you can cut off and graft.. At least, that's never really worked well for me. Look up the car you doing and get the specs on it,  it's wheel base, dimensions, things of that nature see if anything has to be changed from your donor kit. And then get you a ton of pictures of it from every angle.  That is my basic starting point. like I said the next one I start from scratch I will try and be more photographically sensitive and document each step along the way. other than that if you're doing it yourself and have any questions, please feel free to p.m. me and ask.. I'm happy to help.

I got this in the mail today, a Sunday to boot.  The doorbell rings.  I open the door in time to see the USPS mail truck pull away.  I looked down, and there was a box that was due to be delivered tomorrow.  SHOCKING!  It was a day early and a Sunday too.  And we have the nerve to talk bad about a government agency doing crappy work.

78 Nova C 91 2.JPG

Wow!  A SUNDAY?!?

They must be in terror for their very existence!  Funny to see a (nicer) pic of something you looked at for a year from another locale.

Thanks, John.  That was a very interesting article about the 74 Nova 9C1.  Maybe I will get to that one day, or at least I will keep my eye peeled for a donor kit. It may be rare. A quick search of eBay showed no styrene versions active or complete, and only one resin kit.

7 hours ago, DEL said:

Thanks, John.  That was a very interesting article about the 74 Nova 9C1.  Maybe I will get to that one day, or at least I will keep my eye peeled for a donor kit. It may be rare. A quick search of eBay showed no styrene versions active or complete, and only one resin kit.

I was surprised to see that '74 9C1 as well  . LASO tested -- in 1976 -- the (ill-fated-at-least-in-California) Dart and Valiant 'A38' models . What killed them in California was that the 200hp 360 was choked-down to 175hp  with a retarded cam , single exhaust , and a stupid catalytic converter --- whereas 49 state emissions models were free from the restrictive exhaust , providing a true , cat-free , dual exhaust , and a "normally-phased" cam .

But , I digress ...

LASO used those Novas for years ! They also held onto them for as long as possible . The 9C1 Malibu ( "A-Special" body ) replaced it until its demise in c.1984 .