Model Cars Magazine Forum

‘70 AAR Cuda T/A

afx

The Revell Hemi Cuda kit bashed with a few parts from the old Monogram 1/24 AAR kit and a bit of scratch building to create a replica of Dan Gurney’s ’70 Trans-Am ride.  The just released Power Slide decals are excellent and really helped lift the end results of this build as did Fireball Modelworks’ Minilite wheels.

DSCN5323DSCN5327DSCN5332DSCN5329DSCN5334DSCN5338DSCN4843

The build thread:

Edited by afx

Thank you very much for the comments gentlemen, they are greatly appreciated.  As for whats next, I have a few in various stages of completion that I need to finish:

'64 Falcon T/A

DSCN4657

'71 Hemi Baracuda

DSCN4945

AC Ace Bristol

DSCN3627

The 1970 Trans Am season was one of the most competitive ever, with FIVE factory supported teams at the head.  The AAR Barracuda and Autodynamics Challenger have largely been ignored over time.

From previous posts, you have obviously done your research and the result is a great representation and tribute to Dan Gurney.

3 hours ago, ClayK said:

The Cuda turned out great JC! You've definitely inspired me to try and build one. I've got all the parts ready, just need the time.

Clay

Thanks Clay, the decals are exceptional! 

Edited by afx