Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes 600 Grosser. Anyone make one?

Thats the one. I have seen a few in die cast too. As a boy in the 1960s I had the 'Dinky' version, it was painted a deep metallic maroon lacquer . Corgi also made a tiny one compared to the Dinky with working wipers. , they just look out of place in 1/18 with all the 1/24 1/25 stuff. 

Resin casters produce some pretty rare stuff occasionally such as the Tucker and Austin Metropolitan, I think they maybe missing out not producing this icon of South American Dictator(and elsewhere), but I prefer the short wheelbase rather than the fancy stuff :) 

Jeremy Clarkson of the old Top Gear program has one, nicknamed 'The Green Grocer' 

16 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

The 600 Grosser has been done in die cast in many scales; never seen anything in 1/24th. 

vehicle_ad_standard_image_ff776820093d6ea4502ab0730c6fdf8c.jpg

16 hours ago, Greg Wann said:

Tamiya does a s600 coupe.  It is a two door car with a 12 cylinder engine.  I have one of those kits. you are wanting a four door version.

Thanks Greg but it's the one Rob has posted the pic of.

• 5 months later...
On 4/7/2018 at 1:48 PM, Greg Wann said:

A 3D printed master would be a good start for a resin casting project.

Sorry, a bit late replying, so many things on my mind over the last year.
I think that is a bit out of my pocket range Greg. Would that be the basis of a small batch production or a 1 off?

Many thanks, John.

• 2 months later...

Limos are slow but steady sellers . Mat Ling / Sunny has sold US  Presidential Limos since the '80's . I would like to see and buy more of these beyond the ones currently available . The Gaz Limo was available in die cast , I've missed it so far . The '90's Lincoln (underscaled for 1/25) die cast sold well . The Same in 1/24 scale with the 2000 Body sold well .  The Chinese Parade Car was an early Trumpeter foray into Model Car kits from China . It defies all adhesives known to mankind .  Yes , I bought , own and built one . Would I buy a Mercedes Grossier ? My cash flow is a trickle . I would buy a Die Cast cheap on close out V/s a resin .. My reality . Thanx .. 

The closest thing I have ever seen to this is a 1/24 scale slot car body (yes really) of the SEL 6.8 AMG racing car complete with fender flares.  I seem to recall it running in rally back in the early 70's.  Not cheap at near 90E, but check out Area71 Slotcars on Facebook.