Model Cars Magazine Forum

Serious poll ,Model A or Deuce Coupe ?

Model A all the way. Model A's were a four-year run, the deuce was a single year. More raw material to work with equals more cars hot rodded.

Depending on whose figures you believe there were somewhere between 7 and 9 million Model As made over the four-year run. (All body styles included in that number). Those numbers are the domestic production not including anything made overseas and I cannot find whether the Canadian production numbers were included in that total or not. Long story short, there were a pile of them around as raw material.

While I love a nice model A and they are certainly more affordable, in the most traditional sense, the '32 ( roadster in particular) is the king of the hot rods!:D When Model A's are rodded, what are the traditional mods? Deuce frame, Deuce grille....because the guys that rodded them wanted a '32 but either couldn't afford one or find one. Of course, these days you can get repop bodies in both steel and glass, so it comes down to personal preference.    -Larry

The 32 will always have that mystique, that aura about it ....but as far as model kits go...wish I had bought one of those 30's in the short time it was available. When is it coming out again? Guess it's re appearance is hampered by the Hobbico debacle.