Model Cars Magazine Forum

Best '32 Deuce two door kits

2 hours ago, Deano said:

As in: "At my local Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon?"  No

As in: "At the next model car swap meet?"  Betcha!

This. It's going to be hard to beat the R/M '32 Ford Sedan Street Rod, though I have some warm, squishy feelings for the chop on the Orange Crate.

From a technical standpoint it is hard to beat the newest Revel kit. It's weakness is the use of 90s era running gear, but the rest of the kit is great. From a nostalgia point, I love the others. Here's hoping Revell decides sometime to back date  the kit with a prototypical 50s rearend and a flathead.

14 minutes ago, oldcarfan said:

From a technical standpoint it is hard to beat the newest Revel kit. It's weakness is the use of 90s era running gear, but the rest of the kit is great. From a nostalgia point, I love the others. Here's hoping Revell decides sometime to back date  the kit with a prototypical 50s rearend and a flathead.

The Revell sedan does have a flathead in the kit. It is the optional engine, the other engine is the same boring small block Ford that is in almost every iteration of the Revell deuce family. The sedan is the only one that got a flathead out of the bunch. I believe it is an aod behind the Flathead and it is the same 9in with ladder bars that is in all of the rest of the kits.

For it's very accurately done body, I will go with the much newer Revell '32 Tudor sedan--while the Orange Crate does come in a very close second.  As for the AMT and MPC '32 Ford kits from the 1960's, great for "nostalgia" but all of them have major inaccuracy problems.

Art

On 4/6/2018 at 12:15 PM, Greg Myers said:

What in YOUR opinion is the best '32 Deuce two door kit ? Realizing, og course, there are many variations of these kits.

111.jpg

s-l300.jpg

349495577472f72c2ce2bf63593ddc7f.jpg

RMX-2062-2.jpg

The only mistake here is that you really should have titled this thread "Best '32 Deuce two-door sedan kits. For there are other '32 Ford two-door model kits other than the ones shown here. In fact two I like even better than those above. The roadsters and the coupes. Still, the one I don't have and want is still AMT's two-door sedan. 

^^^^

I think most car folks know that 2 doors  refer to sedans. 

Roadsters and coupes aren't called 2 doors  because...they're called...coupes and roadsters!  :)

Yes, the recent Revell  2 door is the best by far!

Edited by mike 51

10 minutes ago, mike 51 said:

^^^^

I think most car folks know that 2 doors  refer to sedans. 

Roadsters and coupes aren't called 2 doors  because...they're called...coupes and roadsters!  :)

Yes, the recent Revell  2 door is the best by far!

Then why do the four boxes above list the kits as Sedans? And not just two-doors? Normally when I hear talk about two-doors, it's talk about coupes. Talking about sedans, normally revolves around four-doors. Plus, my criticism was not to be taken to seriously. You'll notice, this was my second post on the subject. And I made no mention of the issue in the first. 

And, yes the Revell's are the best. Two-door sedan, two-door coupe (three-window or five), and two-door roadster. 

Lastly, for those who may not know. Ford back in the day called their two-door sedans, Tudor Sedans. And their four-door sedans, Fordor Sedans. I always especially liked the term "Fordor." Cute. 

3 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

Then why do the four boxes above list the kits as Sedans? And not just two-doors? Normally when I hear talk about two-doors, it's talk about coupes. Talking about sedans, normally revolves around four-doors. Plus, my criticism was not to be taken to seriously. You'll notice, this was my second post on the subject. And I made no mention of the issue in the first. 

And, yes the Revell's are the best. Two-door sedan, two-door coupe (three-window or five), and two-door roadster. 

Lastly, for those who may not know. Ford back in the day called their two-door sedans, Tudor Sedans. And their four-door sedans, Fordor Sedans. I always especially liked the term "Fordor." Cute. 

Backing you up here. When I read the thread title, I was surprised at the choices, as I too was expecting a discussion of 3 and 5 window coupes. And also wondered why the thread title didn't say Tudor. 

Not that you (and I) are necessarily right, just sayin' you weren't the only one. B)

7 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

Backing you up here. When I read the thread title, I was surprised at the choices, as I too was expecting a discussion of 3 and 5 window coupes. And also wondered why the thread title didn't say Tudor. 

Not that you (and I) are necessarily right, just sayin' you weren't the only one. B)

Oh come on Snake. You know I'm always right. Right? ?