Model Cars Magazine Forum

Steering Wheel w/Quick Disconnect

Scale-Master

Scratchbuilt, around 20 parts. Mostly aluminum. I broached the splines into the receiver so they match the splines on the shaft. The red button on the right is for the nitrous. Even made a plastic wire guide to keep the switch wires from dangling loose. (Note the stitching on the faux leather grip.) The horn button has a cloisonne Seven logo in it... - Mark

DSC09402.jpg

DSC094055.jpg

• Like 1

exxxxxxxxxxxcelent Mark.....

ya' know, you really should tell them about the ruler tho'!!!...hehehe

[ he had it special made, it' really 12" long, you oughta see the rest of his 7..]

on that note, hey Mark, more pics please!! show them what it's all about...

Well thank you everyone, here's some answers...

Being a decal artist (Scale-Master Decals), I made decals for the stitching, I'm not crazy enough to stitch that by hand, (or am I?).

The process for making the female splines is called Broaching, basically mashing the design into the part, similar to how some sockets are made.

The big ruler is made by setting my Shrink Ray Gun on reverse, (1200%) and just zapping my 6 inch machinist scale. (I can shrink it back down for storage.)

And as you can see in this photo, it's 6 feet long...

da-truth.jpg

I'll post some other goodies for this project in another thread...

that's right, didn't you/your co make a bunch of oversizded stuff for a photo shoot/ ad campaign??? sparkplugs and stuff???

Wasn't me/us. I scale stuff down. The "big ruler" in the above post is a Photoshop gag made by Steve Boutte. It is me and my ruler, but it's not a "real" picture... - Mark