Model Cars Magazine Forum

TAT 2018 Dodge LT1000 Wrecker

31 minutes ago, Mopar - D said:

Brian nice progress. I was checking for for more pictures of the L1000 and found this site with some more that I had not seen yet and has some good detail shots. https://www.mopartruckparts.com/gallery/g148.html 

Thanks Dan!! That will help. I also found one for sale with quite a few pictures as well. I've been wanting to build one of these since I saw your blue and white one that you built a few years ago. I think that the A.I.T.M. cab may be a little better than this one.

On 6/15/2018 at 10:58 PM, DrKerry said:

Nice, looking awesome!!!! My daughter would love it!! It’s orange!!! 

Thanks Kerry!!

2 hours ago, SpreadAxle said:

That's a really nice paint job.

Thanks Ray! It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with it.

51 minutes ago, guitarsam326 said:

Awesome as always Brian!

Thanks Sam! Good to hear from you!

Nice build!  You have been pulling off some really unique creations lately.  Keep it up!

Now for an unsolicited opinion that will likely hurt somebody's feelings. 

I remember seeing a handful of these hideous things as an urchin calling them the ugliest truck on the road to my dad and him laughing.  But in the 1960's,  it seems every auto manufacturer that built semi's sent rejects from the styling department to handle COE's. 

Amazing what a difference 50 years make....well....err...okay, they're still ugly to me....but now chuckle and miss them.

On 6/18/2018 at 11:04 PM, olsbooks said:

Nice build!  You have been pulling off some really unique creations lately.  Keep it up!

Now for an unsolicited opinion that will likely hurt somebody's feelings. 

I remember seeing a handful of these hideous things as an urchin calling them the ugliest truck on the road to my dad and him laughing.  But in the 1960's,  it seems every auto manufacturer that built semi's sent rejects from the styling department to handle COE's. 

Amazing what a difference 50 years make....well....err...okay, they're still ugly to me....but now chuckle and miss them.

Thanks man! Truthfully, I always thought they were ugly years ago as well. Now they are some of my favorite subjects.

On 6/19/2018 at 2:45 PM, towman1271 said:

Really looking good Brian.. Love the color choice also!

Thanks!

4 hours ago, CRUSADER2 said:

Its looking really good, I think its going to be something quite special, excellent  work!!

Thanks!

4 hours ago, landman said:

Oooooh I love this.

Thanks Pat!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...