Model Cars Magazine Forum

I'm finally calling this one done (for the most part). Revell's Foose Eldorod with modified hood, AMT '51 Bel Air roof and trunk lid,  grill and wheels from a  '53 Caddy diecast,  Revell STS engine cover over an LS1, Olsen Brothers' resin skirts, painted with Testors Gloss Purple under Tamiya Pearl Clear. At some point I'll revisit the hood to make it fit the grill better and get the fender skirts to sit properly, but despite its flaws, overall I'm happy with it. Thanks for all the kind words and encouragement during the WIP and let me know what you think.

IMG 20180408 200204006 HDR (1)

IMG 20180408 200215698 HDR

IMG 20180408 195440286 HDR

IMG 20180408 200021267 HDR

IMG 20180408 195831428 HDR

IMG 20180408 195951490 HDR

IMG 20180408 200036100 HDR

I followed your build and all your hard work really shows in the finished model. I like the "soft" color you chose for the finish and the interior looks perfect. I see what you mean about the grill to hood fit. I'm sure you'll figure out something good for that.

Classy! I like the understated color and that Chevy roof, and the stock-style Caddy grille is a welcome addition. I agree the hood could use some massaging.

Another prime example of how the Eldorod has tons of potential with a little strategic kitbashing!

Thanks guys, I'm glad some folks like it as much as I do.

On 4/11/2018 at 9:03 AM, TooOld said:

I don't understand why you're calling it done , why not just fix the hood and skirts now ?

Blame it on my A.D.D. Like so many other builds I get to point where I just want to get it done and move on to the other 5 or 6 projects on the bench. I also wanted to have it finished in time for last weeks show in Tampa, which by the way was a great show with some utterly phenomenal builds. I'm trying to get myself to the point of focusing on 1 build at a time so they are truly finished but with so much going on in life it would take years to finish one project. But maybe that's what it takes to get to the next level. Thanks again!

Edited by Perspective Customs