Model Cars Magazine Forum

T Fruitwagon 1925 AMT stalled project

oneescalante

Congratulation's .... You have "Discovered the "ONLY " way to get the kit's too short roof to fit .

Just wait till you try to get the Blower mounted,  .... ( your gonna have to scratchbuild  a new " Longer" pully for it.

Have you tried to fit the interior in it yet ?  My kit was a scale foot thick on the driver's side !  Had to take the "Dremel" to it

I would share more of this kit's "Shortcoming's with you .... but  the list would be a long one..

I got so "frustrated with mine, I put it back in the box ..... that was a year ago.......

On 4/10/2018 at 10:53 AM, espo said:

You really had to slice the top and the cowl areas. I have not built this kit myself but it sounds as if it may be a change.

Yeah I really butchered cutting it the first time I should have sliced it down the middle instead. This is a really great kit the possibilities are endless.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:09 PM, Little Timmy said:

Congratulation's .... You have "Discovered the "ONLY " way to get the kit's too short roof to fit .

Just wait till you try to get the Blower mounted,  .... ( your gonna have to scratchbuild  a new " Longer" pully for it.

Have you tried to fit the interior in it yet ?  My kit was a scale foot thick on the driver's side !  Had to take the "Dremel" to it

I would share more of this kit's "Shortcoming's with you .... but  the list would be a long one..

I got so "frustrated with mine, I put it back in the box ..... that was a year ago.......

I really enjoy this kit I built about 8 so far and have about another 6 in different stages of completion.

What year was this kit originally released?

On 4/10/2018 at 7:53 AM, espo said:

I have not built this kit myself but it sounds as if it may be a change.

This is really a fun kit to build. My son built the model T (his choice - he wanted the kit just for this!) and I built the fruit wagon. I wasn't expecting much, I just wanted to use the leftover parts. But it turned out cool right out of the box. I didn't paint it, but now I want to find another one to do a fully detailed truck from it. He and I both enjoyed it a lot.