Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shizuoka Hobby Show 2018

martinfan5

bvNZZTb.jpg

Its that time of the year,  well , almost, it will be next month,   Shizuoka Hobby Show 2018 that runs from 10-13th, Of May, but just like every year in April, we get to see a big part of what is going to be at the show, including the new tools, and Aoshima and Hasegawa have just announced some of their new tools , and there is another new tool coming but I cant talk about that one just yet, but soon.  James will be along soon to add to this thread, we will be staying on top of the show coverage.

Lets get started with Aoshima and what they just announce

Round 3 of the Liberty Walk R 35 GTR's,  new parts , Front bumper set , Front diffuser , Bonnet hood , Tail lamp , Back fog , 20 inch slight pull tire , Wheel comes with 20 inch Forge Art Maglia.  They have updated to 2017 model year.  July release

FAKb2i6.jpg

New tooled, 2001 Nissan BNR34 Skyline 25GT Turbo, - Full set of new ER 34 Skyline set- Sunroof visor included- Pure aluminum wheel- Rear wing genuine or option selection formula- Encapsulated with genuine mudguard- Using advanced dB tires , July Release.

LiH9tmW.jpg

flabZWf.jpg

8dPF3WB.jpg

And they are also doing a custom wheel option version too,  Full set of new ER 34 Skyline set , July Release
fDMT78T.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

From Hasegawa

They are just knocking it out of the park, up first, didnt see this one coming, but its long over due, new tooled Nissan R31 GTR,  no engine but even so this should be better than the current R31 offering. Mid July Release.  Kit will reproduce with complete new mold by thorough actual vehicle coverage of the commercial vehicle GTS - R born for the race.
- Body parts color is dark blue, light inside · mirror surface is plated parts.
- Masking seal for the window is attached
0TgnIEj.png

And while they are at it,  a R31 Race version, Calsonic livery for the JTCC Series, again, Late May for the release. The kit is reproduced with a completely new mold based on thorough actual vehicle coverage. Body parts color is blue, wheel light · The mirror surface of mirror is plating parts. Masking seals for windows are included.
- Decal sets decals made by Cartograf.
- Decal (Marking): Hoshino Racing 1989 All Japan Touring Car Championship (JTC) Group A
yuVkqY0.png
2FgN5tC.jpg
gWJpf6e.jpg

And the next tooling is a Mitsubishi Galant GTO, I believe for the 1969 model year. Mid July Release. The kit reproduces the strongest version [MR] equipped with the 1,600 cc Saturn engine (4 G32 DOHC) in a completely new mold by thorough actual vehicle interview.
- Body parts color is orange, wheel rim · light inside · mirror mirror surface · door knob is plating parts.
TeEQe6X.png

And the next round of the tooling for the Civic kit, this time in race trim, so new parts will be the race parts.  Mid June Release

The kit adds the parts of the race specification newly and the body parts accurately reproduce the 2 door type.
- Decal: `82 Fuji Grand Champion Series Round 3 Round 3 Fuji Inter 200 Mile Race Minor Touring Race (8th) Team Yamato Car No. 1 Driver: Kazuo Oda September 12, 1982 etc.
g72qrvL.png

And last but not least, is some new 1/24th scale resin figure, check out that brick of a cell phone!!
ftZnixo.png

Edited by martinfan5

It shouldn't be too hard to fit the Aoshima RB20DET top half to the Hasegawa R31 if it is like their recent releases, and I would imagine a lot of people stuffing RB26s into it as well.  From the CAD drawings it also looks like it would have decent interior side panel for a change.

Aoshima is also going to release the Levin in 1.5 SR trim with steel wheels, and the Sprinter with stock alloy wheels.

14 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

Has any manufacturer produced a stock , 1/24 or 1/25 scale , Datsun 510 coupe yet ?

Doyusha has an ex-motorized coupe with a half-seat interior plate.  No two door sedan yet.

Given the two door sedan was not a particularly big seller in Japan, I doubt it would be kitted soon.

I'd be inclined to believe we'd see a Toyota Starlet & Nissan Cherry before a 2dr 510. Particularly if they feel like tickling this fancy with the Minor Touring division of the Fuji Grand Champion Series they're delving into with the Civic.

Personally I'm happy to see a Moredoor 25GT, and flat out thrilled to see - FINALLY - a modern tooling of an R31. There are a slew of possibilities in that tool both in street and race trim.

1 hour ago, fumi said:

Doyusha has an ex-motorized coupe with a half-seat interior plate.  No two door sedan yet.

Given the two door sedan was not a particularly big seller in Japan, I doubt it would be kitted soon.

The Doyusha kit is awful and very toy like. I am hoping that maybe Hasegawa will make a station wagon out of their excellent four door sedan Bluebird SSS 

Nothing from Aoshima/Hasegawa this time that inspires me; that's okay. My personal desire for 1/24 RX2, RX4, and R100 coupes in plastic might never happen LOL. Mild interest in the Civic racer. I might get the Modeler's 2017 Civic Type R...and not the 2018 Camry :lol: I'm about to start building their MX5 Global Cup racer, pretty nice resin kit.

2v2JtBc65xvKa6.jpg

4 minutes ago, BVC500 said:

Agree with Bob - ehhhh on these releases.  Hobby Design, however, will be releasing a Bugatti Chiron!

For a stock Chiron I think I can stick with the decent Welly diecast for about 1/6th the price of the resin kit. The Vision GT version is really cool though! 

1 hour ago, Daddyfink said:

The Doyusha kit is awful and very toy like. I am hoping that maybe Hasegawa will make a station wagon out of their excellent four door sedan Bluebird SSS 

YESSSS!!!  Ive been stockpiling those kits to make my own... but i would rather have a kit... or several 

12 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

From Hasegawa

And the next round of the tooling for the Civic kit, this time in race trim, so new parts will be the race parts.  Mid June Release

The kit adds the parts of the race specification newly and the body parts accurately reproduce the 2 door type.
- Decal: `82 Fuji Grand Champion Series Round 3 Round 3 Fuji Inter 200 Mile Race Minor Touring Race (8th) Team Yamato Car No. 1 Driver: Kazuo Oda September 12, 1982 etc.
g72qrvL.png

This also is pretty exciting... should be able to recreate some fun SCCA club racing cars.

1 hour ago, Zoom Zoom said:

For a stock Chiron I think I can stick with the decent Welly diecast for about 1/6th the price of the resin kit. The Vision GT version is really cool though! 

True, but that's prebuilt and would require stripping, etc. to make it your own. I've preordered the Chiron, and hoping that HD has improved their quality.

5 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

I'd be inclined to believe we'd see a Toyota Starlet & Nissan Cherry before a 2dr 510. Particularly if they feel like tickling this fancy with the Minor Touring division of the Fuji Grand Champion Series they're delving into with the Civic.

Personally I'm happy to see a Moredoor 25GT, and flat out thrilled to see - FINALLY - a modern tooling of an R31. There are a slew of possibilities in that tool both in street and race trim.

The next logical move for Hasegawa would be either the Starlet or the B110 Sunny coupe.  The Sunny coupe in particular can share some of the tooling with the Sunny truck, and there are several race variations for them to release with at least 2 famous Tomei liveries that are guaranteed sellers in the Japanese market.

The R31 will also spawn several variations.  Right off the bat I can foresee a Tommy Kaira edition as well as Reebok, Ricoh and Diesel Kiki liveries for the Group A racer.  Also the Nismo livery that raced in the European Touring Car Championship if they are feeling adventurous.

I think this is a wise strategy for Hasegawa, to kit something that is not in direct competition with Tamiya while getting at least 3 variations out of the same tooling.  Word was they got severely burnt in their foray into the classic F1 market when Tamiya got wind of their Lotus 79 development and released their own kit of it.  While the Hasegawa kit is arguably more detailed, the Tamiya kit outsold them so badly that Hasegawa practically withdrew from that market.

Edited by fumi

3 hours ago, aurfalien said:

Hi,

Oh I see.

Well then I'll be saving my money which is a good thing :)

Thanks for the info.

I have one of their new kits (MX5 Global Cup racer) and it's very nice. Well worth the $88 or so; the quality is excellent as is the packaging. I've had worse Modelhaus kits that cost more $$...

13 hours ago, Zoom Zoom said:

... I might get the Modeler's 2017 Civic Type R...

I own a 2016 EX-T Coupe, so will consider this just because it's a 10th generation Civic.  I do wish Honda would produce the R in the Coupe body, seems stupid not to.

16 hours ago, Zoom Zoom said:

Nothing from Aoshima/Hasegawa this time that inspires me; that's okay. My personal desire for 1/24 RX2, RX4, and R100 coupes in plastic might never happen LOL. Mild interest in the Civic racer. I might get the Modeler's 2017 Civic Type R...and not the 2018 Camry :lol: I'm about to start building their MX5 Global Cup racer, pretty nice resin kit.

2v2JtBc65xvKa6.jpg

I am so getting the Camry, because iam into them this deep already , might as well go all the way.

I am getting both of the R35's as well .

8TIqelC.jpg

Edited by martinfan5