Model Cars Magazine Forum

TAT GMC crackerbox

so , thats a monster of a engine

its was a very nice day to put the primer on the cab

question about the engine , i think i can use the engine of the donorkit , have see a brochure where different engine,s type was printed [ V6-V8 ] so i think that is good

here a picture of the cab with a trailerfront old style to use for a old trailer [ not for the gmc ]

cc7ea071a77160f355cc108704963194.jpg

also a leader to build on the back

jacobus

Most Crackerboxes had either the Detroit Diesel 6-71 or the 6V71.  Not sure about the 8V71, but I suppose it's possible on later models.

Where did you get the 1950's style trailer nose, and what's that other cab in the background?

Edited by Jim B

1 hour ago, Jim B said:

Most Crackerboxes had either the Detroit Diesel 6-71 or the 6V71.  Not sure about the 8V71, but I suppose it's possible on later models.

Where did you get the 1950's style trailer nose, and what's that other cab in the background?

Here goes, 8V-71 was available too.

page05.jpg

thanks for the info

james the 1950 style nose have i buy via FB from out the usa [ lee hartman ] classic truck modeler

the cab on the rear is a australian truck , the LEADER , one of these day,s i put the project on the workbench

jacobus

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the info , now have paint the interior and i lookin only for a darker ore mint color green , i dont know if this color is good

0b0937c86cdfe5b8bd5e1f162964358e.jpg

have see one and than is everything red , ore darkgreen , i stil have some mint green that i use for the old mack , mayby its that good for a better interior color

1116178391b19caaf8be911cb81c16e1.jpg

here i have paint the matras a dark green

i think i lookin for the mintgreen ore keep it this color ?

jacobus

Hi Koos,

I like this project and im sure it gonna be a beauty again, like all the other ones on the shelf.

For the colours i dont know, but when the info is lacking, then you have to guess a bit, for what was the most obvious colour and style in that time.

Edited by Hermann Kersten