Model Cars Magazine Forum

would this be tamiya camel yellow

The renderings on the side of the box look like Camel yellow to me, but the box top illustration appears less orange-y then Camel. Hard to tell from a photograph of a box, though. Probably best to find some reference of the real car, if that's what you want to replicate.

Edit: I went and looked at more photos of the real thing. TS-47 Chrome Yellow is probably the closest, followed closely by TS-16 Yellow.

Edited by Dirty Dave

this model is for my birthday.

since i got it through the mail, my wife let me open the box to verify the contents are in good shape. while i was checking the pieces i saw the instructions call for lemon yellow (x8), which does not come in a spray.

however, lemon yellow looks a lot like chrome yellow (ts47)

i have never seen one of these cars in person, so i really am not sure of what is the right color. i think camel yellow is almost orange, so i am going to try the chrome yellow first on a spoon or 2 and see how it goes. maybe i will try it with a black base coat to darken it a bit

I'm familiar with the Tamiya rattle cans as I use them almost exclusively on my builds...from where I'm sitting the Camel Yellow looks like a good match to the posted photo of the real car...while Chrome Yellow looks more like the illustration on the box cover.

• 2 weeks later...

The real car was photographed outdoors which greatly effects how it looks. Personally, I think it looks closer to TS 16 Yellow. The Corvette below is painted Camel Yellow and under fluorescent lighting it looks close to the photo. Chrome Yellow to me is close to school bus yellow.

camel yellow-1.jpg

camel yellow-2.jpg

camel yellow-3.jpg