Model Cars Magazine Forum

NNL East - - April 21st - - Are you going..???

Ramfins59

1 hour ago, CabDriver said:

Will do!  Just trying to figure out what to build and bring, is all.  Sounds like a TONNE of fun tho!!

Bring anything you want to display. I don't know what the "theme" is as the NNL's usually have a "theme" table for that particular show. However all model car builds, truck, and motorcycles are welcomed. It IS a "ton of fun." I would meet you there if it wasn't so far, and nowadays I don't do long distance driving like I did in my younger years.

9 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Will do!  Just trying to figure out what to build and bring, is all.  Sounds like a TONNE of fun tho!!

James you will have a blast!    Looking forward to meeting you and seeing your stuff in person...

oh and just bring all the things...   more models = more better. :D

Been going every year for about 15 years!  So much to see and buy (wish money grew on trees!).  Got 3 models to put on the tables including one for the 50th anniversary of 1959 vehicles.  Will be leaving around 10AM tomorrow, will get us there about 3 in the afternoon.  LaQuinta Hotel was fully booked for the show and is sold out.  Hoping for decent weather.

4 hours ago, Chariots of Fire said:

LaQuinta Hotel was fully booked for the show and is sold out.  Hoping for decent weather.

Last year we had 100 rooms and sold out.  This year we have the whole hotel and sold out.  

We have gotten a lot of emails asking us to book additional hotels.  People are not aware that we have to sign a contract with specific guarantees with each one of them.  If we don't make the forecast, we pay for the rooms out of our pockets.  So it's not that easy and not worth the financial risk.  We already have all the work we can handle!

2 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Last year we had 100 rooms and sold out.  This year we have the whole hotel and sold out. 

I hear ya Tom! You know that old saying----"You snooze, you lose"! Well, I wavered back and forth about getting a room to be there the night before. For awhile I had settled on just leaving PA here very early Saturday morning, but in the last couple weeks I decided that might not be a good idea these days with my eyesight the way it is and lengthy night driving.

Sooooo.............I decided to go online to the LaQuinta website, and sure enough like you said, all sold out! I was able to get a room at the nearby Days Inn, so it's no biggy. I want to leave here no later than 11AM tomorrow, and hope to be there at Hoolihan's at around 1:30 -2:00 or so. Probably a bit early, but from what you described, you folks will be bursting at the seams for showtime!

BTW, I got the room at the Days Inn for $80.00 for the night. I don't remember what the room rate was at the LaQuinta, but that's not a bad price considering NJ, and the day of the week.

All I can say is....WOW yet again! What a show! Saw a ton of first class builds, bought way too much, won a door prize, and had a build photographed, not to mention shooting the breeze with a ton of folks, awesome day all around!!

12 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I'm still tired!   I drove up to Boston area on Sunday on a business trip.  In fact I was away on business 4 out of 5 weeks before the show,  I'm home now and looking forward to just chilling this weekend!

You're not working on next year's show already?