Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why AMT?????

Today I got an amt vanishing point challenge and I opened the box and found that there was a blower intake manifold, blower belt and a hood with a hole cut out for the blower but there was NO BLOWER. Is there something that I’m missing or was it a mistake by AMT? It’s not like I bought the kit just for the blower but why would the put all the parts for it in there?

E73D4FE5-A648-4D33-B5A6-67D783FA7689.thumb.jpeg.147bf92a1448f15559c81652523aee86.jpeg

another thing that I found was that it came with a 6pack manifold and 6pack air cleaner stickers but no carbs and I was planning on using the 6pack setup. 3F5C4A91-1A21-4BF6-BE47-DBF82F1685DC.jpeg.83e5c3888df875a062ebb5819ce0bdf5.jpeg

Edited by 426 pack

I find it confusing that some people will complain that a model company will issue a kit with the parts from other versions of the kit blocked off 

but also complain when they issue a kit that dosen't block off the extra parts from other versions and leave them in. :blink::rolleyes:

[not meaning you personally Cale]

Edited by Can-Con

On 4/15/2018 at 9:01 AM, Can-Con said:

I find it confusing that some people will complain that a model company will issue a kit with the parts from other versions of the kit blocked off 

but also complain when they issue a kit that dosen't block off the extra parts from other versions and leave them in. :blink::rolleyes:

I don't find it confusing at all as some builders or just kit buyers complain about EVERY kit.

On 4/15/2018 at 10:01 AM, Can-Con said:

A few weeks back I had someone try to return an AMT kit because it only had 3 of some extra unused wheels.  When they called and said the kit was missing parts I asked what was the part number and they said "I don't know it's a different set of wheels not mentioned in the instructions" then I had to explain they were for a different version of the tooling.  "I know but I want to use them on a different model"   I sent a parts request into Round 2 for them anyway, never did hear back if they sent one out.  

Here it's probably just a matter of some of the parts being on a part of the runner that was previously blocked off (one of the things Round2 has done since taking over the AMT and MPC brands is open up all the parts of runners that were previously blocked off in order to build a complete inventory of what parts tooling was still usable) and the other parts being located on an insert that gets installed for the other versions and would probably swap out for parts that are needed in this particular version.  

Edited by Brett Barrow