Model Cars Magazine Forum

On my front porch this afternoon,  a new tool from Aoshima. These were awesome when they were new.The best handling production bikes of their day. This looks like it's  going to be a good time. The motor builds as a stack of however many louvers you can see on the box top. There are decal markings for every handlebar control.  The wheels are each made up  of 4  pieces with some of the thinnest spokes I've seen in styrene. This one came from Model RoundUp, just under$50 with shipping.

DSCF4824.JPG

DSCF4826.JPG

I've started with putting the tank halves together and trying the license decal

Edited by samdiego

Looks really nice, though I wish they would make some of the twins instead of the small fours. If Aoshima would come out with a model of the CB350, I would definitely buy one (it would be a race to see which one is finished first; the model or the full-size bike).

P8315063.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

In progress. The box states that the 1:1 was laser scanned. ThenI have to assume that it was cad cammed into the dies. The detail and engraving is pretty impressive. Part halves could fit better, especially the carbs.

DSCF4837.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Almost finished. I can't overstate how detailed this kit is. The taillight lens is 4 pieces, each molded in the appropriate color. There is detail under the ignition and clutch covers. The oil filter cover can be removable, the oil filter is removable and reveals correct  detail in there too.  The red fender is from MPC's 1/8 Dick Mann Honda.

DSCF8016.JPG

DSCF8015.JPG