Model Cars Magazine Forum

1 of 1 Pagani Huayra

Charlie0882004

Looks great so far!

I have a question or two though...

Are you clearcoating before and after decals? If so, what clear coat are you using, and do you suffer from fit issues where the two gloss coats are too thick? Cheers!

Great detail inside those doors! Are they hand painted details, or lots of masking and spraying?

6 hours ago, Funkychiken said:

Looks great so far!

I have a question or two though...

Are you clearcoating before and after decals? If so, what clear coat are you using, and do you suffer from fit issues where the two gloss coats are too thick? Cheers!

Great detail inside those doors! Are they hand painted details, or lots of masking and spraying?

Thanks I'm not clear coating the body. I just wipe it down with alcohol first then apply the wrap with heat. I have a few fit issues because of the way the kit was made. Very poor! I had painted everything with a brush. 

3 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Love this car!!, looks like its coming along well!!.......the body reminds me of digital snake skin, hope this kit goes together great for you!!

Thanks buddy!! I love yours as well the detail is outstanding. The warp is actually carbon fiber. Pictures doesn't do it any justice.

i have a question though. How do you do your lines? And what size electric wire and is that clay on the ends?

1 hour ago, Charlie0882004 said:

Thanks buddy!! I love yours as well the detail is outstanding. The warp is actually carbon fiber. Pictures doesn't do it any justice.

i have a question though. How do you do your lines? And what size electric wire and is that clay on the ends?

I don't really know what you mean about, "clay", I never use clay on any of my models, and  as for your other questions about wires, I use ALOT of different wires, and they can be all different depending on what they are replicating.......its kind of a loaded question:)

24 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

I don't really know what you mean about, "clay", I never use clay on any of my models, and  as for your other questions about wires, I use ALOT of different wires, and they can be all different depending on what they are replicating.......its kind of a loaded question:)

For example for the coilovers what kind of wire and what did you use to connect the wire to them 

On 4/15/2018 at 4:03 PM, Charlie0882004 said:

Thanks I'm not clear coating the body. I just wipe it down with alcohol first then apply the wrap with heat. I have a few fit issues because of the way the kit was made. Very poor! I had painted everything with a brush. 

Your hand painting skills are excellent!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, Charlie0882004 said:

Hey, I haven't touch it in weeks. I just got married. Hopefully I get back on it within a day or two. How's the body coming along on yours?

Congrats!!!!, I think we are the only two people I know crazy enough to build this kit right now!...lol, whats even stranger is the fact that you joined on the 14th of April....my birthday, AND we are both working on the Pagani!!......As far as mine goes, I keep finding things to scratchbiuld in the engine area....lol, BUT they have all been painted, and ready to be put on tomorrow, then its the dreaded body fitment issues.  -i'm almost 100% sure that I have them fixed!!!

• 4 weeks later...

The CF weave looks abit big for the car, but it does look cool! reminds me of Manny Khosbin's Huayra Hermes edition (if you dont know his garage line-up, i advise you all to check it out! insane super and hypercar collections, perhaps one of the best in the world even!)

Eager to see the finished piece!

On 5/19/2018 at 9:35 AM, JeroenM3 said:

The CF weave looks abit big for the car, but it does look cool! reminds me of Manny Khosbin's Huayra Hermes edition (if you dont know his garage line-up, i advise you all to check it out! insane super and hypercar collections, perhaps one of the best in the world even!)

Eager to see the finished piece!

It's slightly bigger yes. However, it's a real carbon fiber weave. The 1/24 cf sticker is not carbon fiber. It looks really good in person, I will try and make a video of her soon. Mannys car is my favorite, that's why I chose this carbon fiber color, it's the closest match out there, this car is inspired 80% from his car, as well as prestige motor sports. 

3 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Hows the Pagani going, bud?!

It's coming along, I'm pairing the wheels. Will post up progress pics soon. I'm come here everyday to look at your progress bro. I miss say, you did an awesome job with the figment, and documentation.

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Congrats, Bud!!!!!...….nice job!!!   -eccentric is one of the things Paganis have down to an art!!!   ...bet you're glad its done though!!

Thanks buddy! I am happy it's done. I can't wait to see your final touches on yours.

17 hours ago, Jason Sheer said:

THis is one unique kit ! Nice job !!   I can’t wait for mine to come in mail! 

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Bennyg said:

Wow! Great work mate. 

Ben

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...