[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
MikeRousseau

Has anyone heard of The Sales Shack?

I came across them on a Google search. Never heard of The Sales Shack before. Has anyone here? Have you bought from them?

--- Mike

yes I have and he ships to Canada too ,he got some good prices on most of his kit to !

Whats the shipping like? Can I choose economy?

I'll find out soon going to order something next week !

Just signed up for their newsletter.

Dropped a bundle there 5 minutes ago thanks to this post.

Thanks for the info..!

Vintage AA/FC kits from the 80's 20.00 and a little higher.  Boot Hill Express 2nd or 3rd reish sealed 18.00? Everything there lower than eBay. Got a Bernstein funny for 22.00 MIB.

Let's see when it comes in. I'll report in with pics when they are here.

Shipping was good too. I chose priority for an additional .60 cents

I missed out on a local show/swapmeet today.

So thanks to you guys I just spent the money I thought I saved by not going.:D

They were out of a lot, but I managed to find some I couldn't live without.

4 kits plus priority shipping for $76 isn't bad at all. I could have spent a ton more if I had the cash. But that was the budget for today, more or less.

Russ

Looks dangerous to my bank account! Some decent priced models there.

59 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

Looks dangerous to my bank account! Some decent priced models there.

Yes I agree...!   But not the Orange Blossom Special at $ 175...... is that kit getting that rare ?

1 hour ago, D. Battista said:

Yes I agree...!   But not the Orange Blossom Special at $ 175...... is that kit getting that rare ?

Not sure how rare it is, but for  $175 I could find a lot more models to spend money on.

There are deals aplenty and there are a few that made me scratch my head like the OBS. Mostly everything is low priced IMO. How long it will last is anyone's guess. I suggest hitting while the iron is still cherry red.

Thanks guys. maybe I'll ask if theres a discount for semding customers his way lol

I received an email from him regarding shipping to canada. he also told me he has 4k more kits to inventory so theres much more to come!

oh my goodness. i really wish i didnt click this thread. these prices are great, what i remember them being. now they are so high its nuts. 

my bank account will suffer for this 

Hope everyone's reading the fine print at the bottom about those "great deal" kits

Open Box - kit has been opened. I sell these as Parts kits as I can not inventory every single item in the box for all of the kits I have in stock, and my prices reflect that. 

That sounds like a bigger shot in the dark than a random eBay purchase, and at least with eBay you have recourse if you get half a kit when you were promised a whole one.

3 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Hope everyone's reading the fine print at the bottom about those "great deal" kits

Open Box - kit has been opened. I sell these as Parts kits as I can not inventory every single item in the box for all of the kits I have in stock, and my prices reflect that. 

That sounds like a bigger shot in the dark than a random eBay purchase, and at least with eBay you have recourse if you get half a kit when you were promised a whole one.

Correct. However he does make it clear when all parts have been inventoried and accounted for. It's still pretty clear that open kits may not be complete. I don't see any funny business.

55 minutes ago, Lunajammer said:

Correct. However he does make it clear when all parts have been inventoried and accounted for. It's still pretty clear that open kits may not be complete. I don't see any funny business.

I wasn't implying funny business I just see a guy who obviously buys kit collections on the cheap and resells them, no harm, no foul. I just hate to see anyone's eyes glaze over at prices around $10 and get "burned" because they didn't read the fine print.

P.A.T.D., something seriously lacking in today's world.

Yep, great place to deal with. I got the AMT 23 roadster street rod a couple weeks ago for $18. Model roundup has it listed for $60, about what I've seen it go for on ebay. 

Image result for amt 23 ford street rod

Thanks for the link. That's an hour of pensionable time my employer will never get back.

39 minutes ago, Bainford said:

. That's an hour of pensionable time my employer will never get back.

Don't think of it that way......PR & supporting small business!:D

I just spent next months model budget

I just bought something - $8.45 for Priority shipping! Very reasonable when you consider how low some of the kit prices are!