Model Cars Magazine Forum

Has anyone heard of The Sales Shack?

Vintage AA/FC kits from the 80's 20.00 and a little higher.  Boot Hill Express 2nd or 3rd reish sealed 18.00? Everything there lower than eBay. Got a Bernstein funny for 22.00 MIB.

Let's see when it comes in. I'll report in with pics when they are here.

I missed out on a local show/swapmeet today.

So thanks to you guys I just spent the money I thought I saved by not going.:D

They were out of a lot, but I managed to find some I couldn't live without.

4 kits plus priority shipping for $76 isn't bad at all. I could have spent a ton more if I had the cash. But that was the budget for today, more or less.

Russ

Hope everyone's reading the fine print at the bottom about those "great deal" kits

Open Box - kit has been opened. I sell these as Parts kits as I can not inventory every single item in the box for all of the kits I have in stock, and my prices reflect that. 

That sounds like a bigger shot in the dark than a random eBay purchase, and at least with eBay you have recourse if you get half a kit when you were promised a whole one.

3 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Hope everyone's reading the fine print at the bottom about those "great deal" kits

Open Box - kit has been opened. I sell these as Parts kits as I can not inventory every single item in the box for all of the kits I have in stock, and my prices reflect that. 

That sounds like a bigger shot in the dark than a random eBay purchase, and at least with eBay you have recourse if you get half a kit when you were promised a whole one.

Correct. However he does make it clear when all parts have been inventoried and accounted for. It's still pretty clear that open kits may not be complete. I don't see any funny business.

55 minutes ago, Lunajammer said:

Correct. However he does make it clear when all parts have been inventoried and accounted for. It's still pretty clear that open kits may not be complete. I don't see any funny business.

I wasn't implying funny business I just see a guy who obviously buys kit collections on the cheap and resells them, no harm, no foul. I just hate to see anyone's eyes glaze over at prices around $10 and get "burned" because they didn't read the fine print.

39 minutes ago, Bainford said:

. That's an hour of pensionable time my employer will never get back.

Don't think of it that way......PR & supporting small business!:D

I just spent next months model budget