Model Cars Magazine Forum

Has anyone heard of The Sales Shack?

My advice- steer clear of this place. They will only force you to buy more kits and then you will run into storage issues. The fact that they ship quickly and the prices are great only adds to lure of buying more. I had to delete it from my favorites as it was causing a problem with my health. I made a vow to only spend my lunch money on kits and because of the Sales Shack I have missed lunch for nearly three weeks now!

Okay, obviously the above statement is made in jest, I have bought from them and they have great prices and service and would recommend them to anyone! 

And to those members who have met or know me, they will attest it has been a long time since I missed a meal!

Ok Here we go, got my first three kits from this place and wouldn't you no I got screwed ,I wanted the Purple metal flake  Mayers

Manx dune buggy like advertised but got a plain one instead  that suck ! and one more thing this lot was send first class international, but my first order is Priority  Post and I still have not got it ? hey guys what's going on !

1 minute ago, Mr mopar said:

Ok Here we go, got my first three kits from this place and wouldn't you no I got screwed ,I wanted the Purple metal flake  Mayers

Manx dune buggy like advertised but got a plain one instead  that suck ! and one more thing this lot was send first class international, but my first order is Priority  Post and I still have not got it ? hey guys what's going on !

It took a tick over two weeks for my stuff to get here, but in my experience, that's about normal lately for stuff coming into Canada via USPS. The shipping wasn't cheap, but then again, the parcel was big enough for three kits and it arrived without a scratch, so I'm not complaining.

Too bad about the Manx. The purple and flake is awesome! Transparent, too... :)

29 minutes ago, restoman said:

It took a tick over two weeks for my stuff to get here, but in my experience, that's about normal lately for stuff coming into Canada via USPS. The shipping wasn't cheap, but then again, the parcel was big enough for three kits and it arrived without a scratch, so I'm not complaining.

Too bad about the Manx. The purple and flake is awesome! Transparent, too... :)

I guess I will have to look else where for it .............

There's two different Manx kits listed 

One is the exclusive purple one and the other is the retro delux

Perhaps this would be a chance to see how the customer service is

53 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

1 hour ago, Spruslayer said:

There's two different Manx kits listed 

One is the exclusive purple one and the other is the retro delux

Perhaps this would be a chance to see how the customer service is

That Purple one is the one I ordered but did not get ?

Not a whole lot to be found on he SS website about returns

There is this:

PayPal and credit cards are accepted here in the shack. 

100% customer satisfaction is the goal here in the shack. We want you to enjoy your purchase and come back to the shack for your all hobby needs. 

If you give them a shout about it keeps us posted

I just bought two more that are scheduled for Monday

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:27 PM, Mr mopar said:

So have you tried to contact them ? if so how did it go ? was planning to order something but wondering about this

11 hours ago, 440 Dakota said:

So have you tried to contact them ? if so how did it go ? was planning to order something but wondering about this

Yup I got a hold of them ,he said there was no more Purple one left that's  all and one more thing I paid for Priority shipping and got first class international ,that is a bit of a ripe ......

It's my understanding that Priority shipping across the border by individuals - not business - is difficult to guarantee a definite delivery date. 

Still, paying for something you didn't get is kind of hard to take, especially when it's in the $25-$40 range... I waited two weeks for my stuff. That won't deter me from buying again, but I'll be calling the Hut first to make sure we're both clear on what's going to transpire.

Just wanted to chime in on my experience with the Sales Shack. I noticed the discussion about them here on Wednesday so I gave them a look see. Found a AMT 56 Ford Victoria that I had been thinking about for awhile now.  It was $14.99 minus the shipping. I used priority mail - grand total $23.49.  Considerably cheaper than other online sites that also sell it. It was also factory sealed. I opened the box and everything was still in the plastic bags, decals stuck to the instruction sheet but they are crPpy decals anyway.It was shipped from somewhere near Seattle and I live in Michigan— got it today— not bad at all — two days to get here.I will definitely order from them again.

Ray.

Overall im happy so far,another two on the way for monday.

My beefs with the site is i cant find a place to reveiw orders,plus  the order i did on 4/29 i also thought i paid for priority shiping and received :

Expected Delivery by

MONDAY7 MAY2018by
8:00pm

Status

In-Transit

May 4, 2018

In Transit to Next Facility

Get Updates 

In-Transit
  • Postal Product:Parcel Select
  • Features:
    USPS Tracking®

I do understand this is likely a one guy/fam operation and to keep prices low he cant be a Mega Hobby super store

• 2 months later...

Just placed my first order with the Sales Shack.  I thought I was getting great deals until the shipping was calculated.  Added another $36 to the total for 9 models.  I think the key to remember when you are shopping here is to add around $4 to the price of the model for shipping if you are getting a few.  One or two will cost around $8 or $9 to ship.

All of mine are factory sealed except a Tamiya F1 Williams car that I am hoping will all be there and in good shape.  I missed a factory sealed on last week for a great price.  I got some newer Funny Cars that are very expensive everywhere else I have seen them, the Revell Top Fuel car, a Tamiya NSX race car, a Sprint car and the Corvette C5-R Compuserve  race car.  There were a lot more that I would like to have gotten but these were the ones that I really wanted and couldn't find anywhere else for these prices and didn't want to miss out.  

6 hours ago, jchrisf said:

Just placed my first order with the Sales Shack.  I thought I was getting great deals until the shipping was calculated.  Added another $36 to the total for 9 models.  I think the key to remember when you are shopping here is to add around $4 to the price of the model for shipping if you are getting a few.  One or two will cost around $8 or $9 to ship.

$4 a kit shipping is not bad, especially if they are kits not easily found locally or out of production. 

Paying for shipping is a cost of being in this hobby if you don't have a hobby shop nearby.

I've been buying from him for awhile now.  I had one issue and he cleared that up right way.  I bought a Nascar Bill Elliott #9 Dodge from him. Once i got my package i opened it and it was a #9 Bill Elliott Coors Ford.  I emailed him and let him know with pictures of ordered paperwork and what was received.  He sent out the correct car to me in an order i just placed.  I asked about sending the mistaken car back to him.  He told me not to worry about it.  Thought that was cool. I'm sure if it was a more valuable car that would be different i understand the logic behind that.

They shipped mine yesterday, Sunday, the same day I ordered.  Very fast getting it ready.  Of course, it will actually go out today but they got it ready yesterday.  The upgraded shipping was only a couple bucks more so I opted for that.  I wasn't complaining about the price it was just sticker shock after seeing it for the first time after I went through Paypal and back to their store.  I'll just remember to calculate around $4 per car in the future so I have an idea of the actual cost since I order a few to justify shipping.  

• 2 weeks later...

Got my order yesterday and I am very impressed with them.  The shipment was boxed very well with styrofoam encasing the entire inside of the box and then the empty spaces filled with bubble wrap.  The model car boxes were all in great shape and factory sealed.  The Williams F1 car was actually the only open box I ordered and it appears that everything is in the box (I know they don't guarantee that) and on the sprues except the wheels which have been assembled with the tires, but that is not a problem for me.  It took a full week to get to my door in Florida which is not bad considering it was coming from the other side of the country. 

IMG_0603.JPG

I've bought from him twice, now.

The first time it took almost three weeks to get the package, though it WAS shipped in a day or two. Shipping cost seemed high, but it was coming to Canada. A little irritating but I get it. 

The second time, I got the stuff in just over a week, which I thought was pretty darned good. Shipping cost was only slightly higher than the first time, even though it was the primo shipping option.

Both times each order was for six or seven kits.

I'm in a self-imposed "no more for awhile" state right now, or I'm sure my Mastercard would be taking another hit or two. ;)

11 hours ago, KWT said:

I've visited several times. I can't seem to put more than 1 item into the cart. Everytime I add something, the previous item disappears. Nice prices though.

This happened to me when I was opening the cars I was searching for in separate tabs so I could keep filtering through their models for sale without missing any. I finally figured out that I would have to stay with the original tab and copy the model name and search for it.. put it in my cart and I think click continue shopping.  With all other sites I can just put the item in my cart from a different tab and it will update just fine.

Another tip for figuring out your total with shipping before going through the buying process is to add $4 to the price of the model if you are getting a few.  One or two will cost about $8 a piece to ship.  Otherwise you will have to go and checkout before you can see the shipping cost and if you are on a budget you may have to close out and remove some things from your cart which is a little frustrating but totally worth it IMO because of the product, price and quick shipping.