Model Cars Magazine Forum

99 chevy silverrado GOT PAINT

not much to look at ,sorry but here it is still undecided about the color want to keep it simple, the cab inside will be two tone , dark brown ,and a light tan,didnt think i would like this kit but its kinda growing on me ,surprised the engine was that detailed.

tk1.jpg

tk2.jpg

INT4.jpg

INT3.jpg

INT1.jpg

INT 5.jpg

Edited by bauercrew

13 hours ago, 57peppershaker said:

Looks real good so far Bill. Is that sitting that low on the (red boxart) lowered suspension ?

Ive got a couple of these to start, 1 as my 2000 GMC Sierra & other with a resin crew cab for my 04 Silverado.

Yes that is how it sits done nothing to suspension

Its the Revell 99 Silverado Bill

7fb280997228c15c4e5f880e2795f7b0.jpg.9c2c6750e8996bc52d81ce02869ffb6d.jpg191295-12135-96-pristine.jpg.c29377d24d83183b85f6b548458a3af9.jpg

Both are same kit essentially, blacks a stocker & red has lowered suspension, big rims & aftermarket mirrors (but no stockers), seperate side skirts & roof spoiler and rear roll pan. It also includes the stock rear bumper &wheels but no tyres. Both are very good kits.

You have the same issue as me with your 05, the front is different. Sure wish the resin guys would come up with a conversion.

• bauercrew changed the title to 99 chevy silverrado GOT PAINT
  • 4 weeks later...

I like  what you are doing with this one so far Bill. I love the color combination

I bought a few f those kits to do several versions of this truck, including my one to one daily driver, which is a dead ringer for the one on the replica stock box, except that mine is a 2002 with 4 doors, which is the last year of this body style. I built one of the stockers in black, where I lowered the suspension, and put a set of 22" wires on it.