Model Cars Magazine Forum

Great Dane Extendable Flatbed

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you guys should be thanking me everyday you see these reissues. since I got back into building, I have been buying oop kits, and sure enough, within two years they have all been slated for reissue, you're welcome:D

12 hours ago, tbill said:

you guys should be thanking me everyday you see these reissues. since I got back into building, I have been buying oop kits, and sure enough, within two years they have all been slated for reissue, you're welcome:D

Thanks Tom, would you please buy an Autocar Dump?

• 1 month later...

The new release hasn't shown up on ebay or the local hobby shops yet, but the round 2 YouTube video shows it coming back this fall, along with the Mack DM800 and the Peerless logging trailer. It can be used as a standard flatbed if it's not extended. I built an original kit back in the 90's as a covered wagon.

41933332035_3f5d543e3d_z.jpgW900 & Great Dane covered wagon by Jim Gavin, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 8:03 PM, Madd Trucker said:

I picked up  two   today   at  Hobby  Town    great  decals in the   kit   I  didn't notice  any warpage  but  was  suprized  by  the   factory  spec   sheet included

What decals come with it? Can you please post a pic?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The finished kit.  It was an easy build other than the cross bars on the extension superstructure not lining up exactly.  The long deck was warped but my darling wife reminded me that flatbed trucks have a hump to not sag when loaded. The load is 7/8 diameter wooden dowels painted to look like pipes.  The red plastic ends are Caplugs used where i work to seal the ends of copper tubes during transit to our building.  Hold-down chains and rub rail hooks are from Hobby Lobby. Straps to hold the load together are rubber bands painted black with a Sharpie.  A Mack DM800 is on the shelf to be constructed to pull the rig.  Also a pic of the kit decals.

Enjoy,

Joe

20181026_180124.jpg

20181026_180142.jpg

20181026_180158.jpg

20181026_180217.jpg

20181026_191453.jpg

• 3 months later...