Model Cars Magazine Forum

Freightliner Frenzy

Hi everyone, I am starting my first post ! I have always wanted to do a box art build of the AMT White Freightliner, both the SD and the DD kits as well as a couple of variations. With all of the questions and concerns about this kit I have decided to put my Road Train Kenworth on hold for a bit and do the DD box art build . I started last night with my usual build sequence, strip all parts from the runners and begin with the prep of all parts . I want this to be tutorial for anyone wishing to build this kit so questions are welcomed, and I will do my best to answer any and all! As soon as progress is made I will post pictures . I have been building for 50 years and look forward to sharing what I have learned as well as greatful for what I have gleaned from this forum.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t had a lot of building time but I have gotten the basics started on the cab shell, I have decided to correct the cab as well, lower the headlights, correct the panel lines on the front as well as adding the missing 3rd rib at the top of the door and add the peep window gasket . I tend to work on things in batches so I decided that I will also do the two story bed bug hauler and a 71 series 104 in double bunk that I have wanted to get going on for a long time! Picture to follow shortly!

With all the Freightliner projects  going on on the forum and the ideas that have popped up while doing research on a few ideas that I have had in the planning for awhile I think it was time for my Freightliner Frenzy! I will keep everyone posted!

Please show us how you lowered the head lights, I need to do this  to mine. I know I can figure it out on my own, but if someone has already done it and willing to share the details, I would be happy to follow your example.

Tim Ahlborn has pix on his site. Tee main thing is to cut the 1/2 moon shaped bumps for the headlights away from the cab, then lower them. After that, it's a matter of putty work once you get them positioned where you want them.

21 hours ago, SpreadAxle said:

Tim Ahlborn has pix on his site. Tee main thing is to cut the 1/2 moon shaped bumps for the headlights away from the cab, then lower them. After that, it's a matter of putty work once you get them positioned where you want them.

Where? His site is all about Peterbilts, not White Freightliners

• 2 weeks later...