Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Bugatti Chiron

Hi,

I got this email from Hobby Designs;

Hello my friend:

On this month later time,  ALPHA MODEL  brand will release the new 1/24 Bugatti Chiron full kits. Alpha model,  This brand model was HobbyDesign's sunbrand, Mainly produce High detail full resin kits, We will produce more other products on this year later time.

Now every model fans can preorder for this full kits. The preorder time was one month. From 4.1----5.1, If you preorder this full kits dring the preorder time. The preorder price was 120 US dollars. After the preorder time. The kits start sell on the market. The retail price was 150 US dollars. So hope you can interested and preorder that.

1/24 Bugatti Chiron full resin kits include these parts:

High detail resin car body parts
High detail brake parts
High detail resin wings parts
Resin wheels
Wheel tyres
PE detail parts
Glass parts
Metal detail parts
Decals

All parts have very amazing parts.

High detail resin car body parts

InsertPic_(04-03(04-16-22-27-14).jpg

InsertPic_3B7D(0(04-16-22-27-14).jpg

InsertPic_55F3(0(04-16-22-27-14).jpg

InsertPic_6453(0(04-16-22-27-14).jpg

InsertPic_B95B(0(04-16-22-27-14).jpg

InsertPic_ED8D(0(04-16-22-27-14).jpg

22 minutes ago, socal76 said:

Hard to believe Hobby Design will not provide tires for this. Would make what looks to be a great kit already even better.

I think they are.  A lot of parts, like "Wheel tyres," listed above are not pictured.  For example, the glass parts.

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2018 at 1:37 PM, Howard Cohen said:

Just an engine cover? No actual engine? :( 

On 4/18/2018 at 4:42 PM, Exotics_Builder said:

Yep!

On 4/17/2018 at 12:39 PM, aurfalien said:

Now every model fans can preorder for this full kits.

So how come why saying upstairs above? No engine, full kit not so much. Yes.

The rear engine cover is fixed and can only be opened by the factory, so in that respect the kit is accurate.  This is the view few of us will ever experience.bugatti-chiron-08-1.thumb.jpg.98888fa8882318697bc5ab27ddd27c4a.jpg

My kit has just arrived and the quality is excellent.IMG_20180621_150346956.thumb.jpg.e1abc30af6cb4485ae423b802e5e24ba.jpgIMG_20180621_150404572.thumb.jpg.d348aab751ab28c967b7e91aaae82392.jpg

4 hours ago, Quick GMC said:

They have also released the Bugatti Vision GT, Ferrari 488 coupe and Spyder versions. Same type of resin kit. 

The Bugattis are out, the 488 Spyder is just coming out and is also curbside based on the kit samples I've seen by the vendor on FB.  The 488 GTB is yet to come out and I have not seen full kit samples to know how much of an engine there will be given that there is the glass over the engine compartment.  

Something that I can't understand is that HD is offering $120 pre-order price to both open public and resellers... Who's going to buy them for $150 if everyone else already bought them for $120?

I think they should reorganize their sales strategies to protect the resellers.

8 hours ago, Samuel S said:

Something that I can't understand is that HD is offering $120 pre-order price to both open public and resellers... Who's going to buy them for $150 if everyone else already bought them for $120?

My understanding is that once the resellers get them, the pre-order expires.  Also, expect about $30 shipping to the US on top of the $120

I ordered both the Chiron and the Vision Gran Turismo from Hiroboy with Royal Air Mail Registered and signed for and the total was $330 USD. I preordered as soon as they were available and the price was $155USD each. I would rather order from a reseller than direct as I have had some issues with HD in the past and never could get any response from them, manufacturer,  while when I had an issue with a HD conversion on two separate occasions two different resellers got it fixed or in one case refunded my money and told me to keep the kit (it was missing the wheel centers and another set was very similar so I ordered those).

Robyn

3 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

My understanding is that once the resellers get them, the pre-order expires.  Also, expect about $30 shipping to the US on top of the $120

That makes more sense.  25% margin is pretty hard to work with.

On 7/11/2018 at 12:39 PM, Samuel S said:

Not sure how they do resin kits preorders, but for resin aftermarket parts I think they do it through their official resellers.

The only things that Hobby Design does direct pre-orders on are these new Alpha Models kits, technically it's a different company. *wink wink*

As far as protecting re-sellers of the line, that's done by hosing the direct pre-orders on the shipping.  I've done some business with a couple of vendors based in Hong Kong, directly (as in assistance in product design & development) and indirectly (buying stuff), and there's no way in the world it costs $30 to ship that over here.  For example it's about $10 to ship a Meng automotive kit over, and they're dimensionally 3x as big and twice as heavy.

Edited by niteowl7710

If you are going to spend that much work on a sealed kit, I really don't understand why the same results could not be achieved from a $15 Maisto diecast kit, which is available in every Hobby Lobby.