[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Dave Van

Change......

Change. I don’t like change...never have. But it’s time for some.

Due to something I found out recently I feel it’s time to change things.

I found that there are people on the net impersonating me, using my name and an avatar I created myself, to post negative and at times nasty things. There is not a good way to stop this so I have decided my time on the internet is done. This way if you see negative posts, credited to me, you will know it is not me doing so.

This is not the only reason I am ending my participation on the net and it’s forums. Over the past year I have lost a large number of friends in the model hobby, car hobby and my model train hobby. It has made it very real to me our time here is limited. I feel sitting in front of my PC is not good use of my time left.

This is not a ‘the internet is bad’ thing, although I do see more and more negative over positive of late. I am thankful for all the folks I have gotten to know. Those that continue to use the net…..watch your back!

God bless all….

Thanks Dave. I'm feeling what you're saying.

Sorry to see you go, Dave- especially tough because you’re one of the Good Guys. I looked forward to maybe getting one of my Mad Max builds off the ground someday and maybe showing it off to ya. Best of luck, ENJOY your time, and if conditions permit, don’t be a stranger! 

I am sorry to see you go. 
This has been happening on social media sites, and now it happens here.
Hopefully, if you do come back, we will all be here.

I,too,am sorry to see you go. I wish you would reconsider and stay.All you have to do is look at front page of Yahoo to see all the negative actions and talk.

This is all over the country.We need all of the good people like you to counteract this. The people that know you from here or wherever,know that it is not you.

There are so many trolls out there. Don't let them win by taking you away from the hobbies and people you like and love.

Just my 2 cents.

+1 to what everyone else said. Stick around. Don't let "them" win. 

Sorry to hear that this has happened.

However, if it has happened, I think it's a mistake to retreat.

If it happened to me, you can be (can't use the word here) sure I'd fight it with everything I could think of.

Don't let the (can't use the word here) win.

Sad to hear this. I don't do all the Slapchat, Tweeter, Farcebook, Instantgraham, and any of the other. The only thing I do is model forums, and a few 1:1 car forums.

I got tired of all the negativity a few years ago. Hopefully, you will come back to the modeling forums, and check in on the folks!

I agree with you that we spend too much time online and less with people and I know a few of those that have passed. I also realize that while I'm in front of a keyboard, I'm not enjoying certain aspects of the hobby.

I regret you stepping away. Not only do I respect your knowledge (I'm still waiting to see the Accurate Minatures Taurus test shot), but I've come to think of you as a friend. I hope sometime I'm near your part of the West Virginia hills to visit or we finally have a show good enough in Charleston to get you to visit.

Good luck.....remember you have friends in the cyber world as well as in the physical one.

Mike

12 hours ago, Dave Van said:

... I found that there are people on the net impersonating me, using my name and an avatar I created myself, to post negative and at times nasty things. ...

?????   The forums you are a member of have no moderators to report this activity to? Or are you speaking of some other internet groups/communities you belong to? Me, I only look at 3 other internet forums I belong to besides this one, and those maybe only once or twice a month, and I have no idea how most all the other social media things work, so I'm having a tough time comprehending what this problem might be. Call me a social media Luddite, I guess.I know Facebook has account impersonations going on, but I get the impression they are sheer spammers, not the kind of troublemakers you speak of ......

A lot of us spend too much time at their keyboards Dave, not just you. Perhaps down the road you'll see that you still have time to chat with us and do the other things you'd like to do as well. Good luck to you.

Dave, I have always ejoyed your information and knowledge on the forum. I hate to see you go. I hope you reconsider. I have no idea what's happening but there is always going to trouble makers in the world.

I am very sorry to see you feel like you need to go Dave...wish you would reconsider but understand.   Ill miss your work and insight.    We need people like you here.

8 hours ago, Bucky said:

Sad to hear this. I don't do all the Slapchat, Tweeter, Farcebook, Instantgraham, and any of the other. The only thing I do is model forums, and a few 1:1 car forums.

I got tired of all the negativity a few years ago. Hopefully, you will come back to the modeling forums, and check in on the folks!

x2.

I guess that it's probably a good thing that I never got involved in all of the social media stuff.

I spend 90% of my time online on a few forums, ebay & Amazon.

I don't think that I can get into a whole lot of trouble that way.

Steve