Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heller Renault 5 Turbo Rally

youpey

This is my first completed model in several years i believe. It is a Heller Renault 5 Turbo rally car. This car has very little to no details. it is practically a snap kit. this is one of my favorite cars in real life, so i really wanted to make sure i finished it. I made many mistakes on it. The doors open and hood and trunk open too. 

I am getting the tamiya ones for my birthday, so i will try it again with that one. Next time though i am going to do an all white roof. trying to mask off the white with no edges and trying to keep the line tight was hard.

EDIT. Added dust/dirt. what is a rally car without dirt

20180421_072816.jpg

20180421_072812.jpg

20180421_072839.jpg

20180421_072849.jpg

20180421_072857.jpg

Edited by youpey

Great looking Rally Car. I don't know if it was your intension or not but I noticed what looks like some of the dirt from the road on the base. Having watched some of these races on TV I notice the teams service areas have some type of a tarp on the ground. In your picture it looks as if the car has just pulled into a service area and the road grime is still dropping off on the tarp. Well built.

54 minutes ago, espo said:

Great looking Rally Car. I don't know if it was your intension or not but I noticed what looks like some of the dirt from the road on the base. Having watched some of these races on TV I notice the teams service areas have some type of a tarp on the ground. In your picture it looks as if the car has just pulled into a service area and the road grime is still dropping off on the tarp. Well built.

the base is only temporary. i plan to make a diorama out of it, just havent found the right picture of it yet

On 4/20/2018 at 6:33 PM, youpey said:

Added dust/dirt. what is a rally car without dirt

Clean?  :D Good job !

What it really needs now is that diorama base for display.

Regards

Brian Kroon

Edited by GlueTube
grammar