Model Cars Magazine Forum

Iconic Chevy

Most Iconic Tri-Five Chevy  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the most Iconic Tri-Five Chevy to you ?

20 hours ago, Greg Myers said:

Goofy flame job. :blink: I liked the movie also.

I felt they did a terrible job marketing it though. I didn't go see it until many years later.

Turner Classic Movies recently showed both "Macon County" movies back-to-back.  They'll probably do that again, so keep an eye on their schedule if you get TCM.  I enjoyed seeing both, even though they don't have anything in common except the title.  As always, half the fun was seeing all the old cars.  Especially that '49 Chrysler Town and Country convertible in the first one. According to ImDB, producer Max "Jethro" Baer wrote the script for "Macon County Line" during his breaks while shooting "The Beverly Hillbillies."

One of these centuries, I'd like to build Rory Calhoun's NASCAR '57 Chevy from "Thunder In Carolina."  It looks like a hardtop but is not - it's a 2-door sedan with the center posts crudely hacked out.  The movie itself is a pretty awful piece of hack-work too, basically love-triangle glop.  But it does have racing footage from Darlington in the 1950's, which makes it worth watching. At least worth watching with one finger on the Fast-Forward button...

thunder.jpg