Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vista-ish Mustang wagon

Farmboy

15 hours ago, Farmboy said:

.....the primer queen

!cid_452.jpg.be3665ae93aa879c1f3e0f5b05fe867b.jpg

Still have the 289 badges to remove.  I was going to leave them but no.  Also have a gas door to scribe in the fender.

Comments and observations welcome

In my opinion, I would have made a step cut in the quarter panel and moved the rear wheelwells back the amount that you extended the quarter! it almost looks like a altered wheelbase car. Excellent work so far!! Just my opinion.

Dennis

Cool concept, and the proportions are working pretty well, BUT, I have to agree with others in that the wheel base now looks too short, kinda like a tail-stander drag car.

I only say so because you've put a LOT of consideration in to all other aspects, and this could look SO nice with that extra bit. I will say, too, that the model appears to be sitting a bit lower in the back, and that could be exaggerating the effect somewhat. Here's a quick and dirty Photo-chop to chew on...

(Following with much interest regardless!)

!cid_452.jpg.be3665ae93aa879c1f3e0f5b05fe867b.jpg

I too had pondered moving the wheelbase and I would have for a 4 door. I had also looked at photos of wagons when a big car was a big car eg the 70's (any Columbo movie is a good reference lol).  Virtually all have an exaggerated overhang.  Plus I think it moves the wheel well to far from the fender hip, a major styling cue.  But thanx for your insight....good stuff to ponder for maybe the next project.  Here's base coat.  more later.!cid_451.jpg.318e4e826761264cb012dcc5e38b2ace.jpg

..and some clear.  My first plan was to do it two tone much like the later model big chevs and such, the two tones being antique white and an oxblood color red...but I thought it would look too busy so I stuck with what I had only planned as a base coat, metallic gold.

!cid_450.jpg.b1276765f39703e31d352cbf2a25abc6.jpg

comments and observations welcome