Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Celica

Classicgas

15 hours ago, afx said:

Very nice Lee.  I have on of these kits in the stash I hope to build some day.

Image result for hasegawa celica 1600 gt

That's the kit.

13 hours ago, BigTallDad said:

Your dashboard detail knocked my socks off! You must have very steady hands and drink only de-caf coffee...at 75 years old, I could never do that.

Thanks, it's kit decals, not a steady hand believe me lol.

8 hours ago, ZTony8 said:

If I was that driver I'd change my name.

I was thinking the same thing lol.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:07 PM, Classicgas said:

Thanks. They have a stock version I would like to build.

The one I built (red and white car on the box) had all the stock pieces in addition to the racing parts. The only things missing were the street tires; only slicks were provided. I built mine as a street version with slicks. I probably could have found some suitable street tires in my parts box, but, you know.... It was a fun kit to build.

11 hours ago, SSNJim said:

The one I built (red and white car on the box) had all the stock pieces in addition to the racing parts. The only things missing were the street tires; only slicks were provided. I built mine as a street version with slicks. I probably could have found some suitable street tires in my parts box, but, you know.... It was a fun kit to build.

This one had some stock parts, but no stock wheels, tires, or seats, no back seat either, and the chrome parts are not chrome in this version.

Interesting that there would be that much difference in what I would assume to be identical kits, Mine had all that except the tires and possibly wheels, There were optional wheels, one set of which I assumed to be stock.