Model Cars Magazine Forum

Golf MKII GTi

avidinha

A good friend of mine recently took delivery of a 2018 Golf R. Unfortunately no one makes a Golf MK7.5 so I pulled this MKII from my stash. The wheels and tires are from a Revell Civic, the brakes are from my parts box, the paint is a 2014 Mustang color that looks really close to his Golf and I made plates with his daughter's name on them.

VXKOyii.jpg

EYUbGpL.jpg

HTpM17I.jpg

DtykTWJ.jpg

T00a5cw.jpg

MnHF0Sn.jpg

Great looking build and I like the wheels and tires with the disc brakes showing. The color looks good but as others have mentioned it has a lot of glitter in it. Not even sure if it would work on the paint, but maybe if your strained it thru a very fine filter like they use in a Auto Body Shop or even an old nylon stocking maybe it reduce the amount of flake in the paint.

The problem with using 1:1 scale paint is the 1:1 scale flakes.  You can actually get custom made flake to suit your needs.  However, in such a small scale, 1:25 scale flakes would basically be powder and really wouldn't show up as well.  Now if you were painting a bass boat... that's a whole different story, lol.

Your Golf still looks amazing.  I've been wanting to get a MK II for a while.  Now that the Revell MKI Golf is out and has a great looking Engine and chassis, I may have to get on HLJ.com and order a Fujimi kit.

• 5 weeks later...