Model Cars Magazine Forum

Excited about reissued '84 Pro Stock Camaro !!

gbdolfans

5 minutes ago, gbdolfans said:

Many variations can be built,and,loads of parts.

Many? I guess it depends upon how different each variant is, but there really are no optional parts included, just to be clear for those who may never have built one of these kits. It's basically the same kit as the Reher-Morrison Pro Stock Camaro Revell reissued two(?) year ago, with different decals.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Many? I guess it depends upon how different each variant is, but there really are no optional parts included, just to be clear for those who may never have built one of these kits. It's basically the same kit as the Reher-Morrison Pro Stock Camaro Revell reissued two(?) year ago, with different decals.

Maybe he means that with different decals, one could build many different race cars. Not familiar with this car, maybe the chassis can be used with other bodies?

This has been a grail of mine since I was a kid, I saw it and the Reher Morrison kit and bought the R&M and when I got my allowance went into the store only to see someone buying the Iaconio Camaro and never saw another. I also have not seen it at shows, I know it comes up on Ebay but never wanted to pay the price. I would love to see it issued just to fulfill that need from childhood.

Also, wasn't there some issue with the reissue, something about the body was modified or something like that? Seems to me that it had something to do with the LAPD Camaro Pro Mod.

Robyn

It's most likely exactly the same as the Reher Morrison re-issue from 2014 with different decals, so it's not the same as the first issue from 1984.
The tooling was modified slightly first to do the Tony Foti LAPD Camaro in 1991, then a bit more to do the Jerry Eckman Pennzoil and Rickie Smith STP Pontiac Firebird Pro Stock kits also in 1991, and later even more to do the Warren Johnson GM Goodwrench/Superman and Mark Pawuk Summit Pontiac Firebird Pro Stock kits in 1999.
The floorboard is changed to fit the newer swoopy Pontiac body, the rollcage is changed to do the "funny car cage" around the driver wich were in the later issues but the whole cage is not in the kit now as it was not used in 1982-83, and some of the engine parts are different from the 1984 issue.

Edited by Force

I should have sold the four original Camaro's I have that are still sealed (2 of each) so I could have gotten a few other kits I would like to get. I have enough of them to do most of the R&M cars I have decals for, plus a few more for other decal versions. Oh well, that's what you get for waiting until your broken bones heal! LOL

If I had been able to dig put the box those kits were stored in I might have been able to do some trading for some of the Moebius kits I need. But since this is the second of the two early Camaros to be reissued, the trade value is now much less than the Moebius kits. Now I guess I am really out of luck!

8 hours ago, socal76 said:

But since this is the second of the two early Camaros to be reissued, the trade value is now much less than the Moebius kits. Now I guess I am really out of luck!

I doubt it. The box alone will be much cleaner looking with out "Level 4..." wording, and it sound like there may have been some changes to the kit over the years, according to Hakan's post above. Plus, those 1984 tires will be firmer and hold their shape better than the recently molded Revell tires. Nostalgia is a powerful sales tool.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Jantrix said:

I have this edition. It is a favorite. Anyone else have this version and have the one carb where the jets are skewed by 40 degrees or so? I'm assuming they fixed it in future versions?

Image result for revell monogram pro street camaro

I have the kit in the stash, never looked at the Carb. Jets.