Model Cars Magazine Forum

Reynard Cart Open Wheeler

GlueTube

Thanks for the kind words gents. 

5 hours ago, Turberticus said:

Nicely done. Is this the Revell kit? Did you clear over the decals?

Yes and No not at all.  By the way great blog.

Regards

Brian KROON

Edited by GlueTube
grammar

5 hours ago, iBorg said:

Very nice build. These cars aren't the easiest to build. With all the curves, they're a challenge to get the paint to lay down correctly. You look like you pulled it off well.

I agree. Tuff cars to build. But you did a remarkable job on it! 

20 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Nicely built and well painted..... open wheeler, rain tyres, Revell..... what's not to like?  The figure with the clipboard adds to the realism of the photos.

David

Thanks David, I'm finding figures a challenging yet satisfying part of the hobby. I'm an IPMS member and the armor guys are rubbing off on me:D

I know what you mean about the figures issue Brian, because despite the great Michael Paul Smith not using a single figure in any of his truly brilliant diorama photographs, and I do understand why he chose not to include figures, I have still gone ahead and taken the risk of including figures in my diorama. In order to produce a figure in 1:24 scale that looks absolutely realistic, especially when photographed close up, the detail painting has to be pure genius.

David

22 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

I know what you mean about the figures issue Brian, because despite the great Michael Paul Smith not using a single figure in any of his truly brilliant diorama photographs, and I do understand why he chose not to include figures, I have still gone ahead and taken the risk of including figures in my diorama. In order to produce a figure in 1:24 scale that looks absolutely realistic, especially when photographed close up, the detail painting has to be pure genius.

David

I couldn't agree more, David. I wish we had 10% of what the armour guys had for resin figures to choose from. Especially well sculpted facial features. I found some great 24 scale heads from MAIM in Germany but the don't ship by post....$80.00 for 4 24 scale heads is too much for me.....and I think I am fanatical!

Brian

So far I have used Shapeways 3D printed figures and more recently an ICM Henry Ford set of figures from Ukraine, but the choice of 1:24 scale figures is very limited as you say. The Shapeways figures are very good actually, usually with good facial features, and it is then down to very careful painting to get them right. There are not many different positions though, so maybe I need to cut off arma and legs and re-position them.... scary stuff!

David

101_6537.JPG