Model Cars Magazine Forum

It's a wrap! Got this bad boy finished just in time for the 2018 Winterfest/Fur Rondy Model Contest. Happy to report it took first place, but don't get too excited...my two entries were the only ones in their division. <_<  What you see before you is the Jimmy Flintstone 1950 Ford Bus resin kit with donor parts from the Revell '50 Ford F-1 Pickup kit, all turned into a musher's transport to the start of the Last Great Race. It is a nod to the polarizing 'Into the Wild' Bus #142, made famous by the infamous Christopher McCandless. Scratchbuilt roof rack includes handmade dog sled, jerry cans, and boxes. Wheels are EightyOne's Brixton R25s (21"). 3D dogs courtesy of Shapeways. Weathering is a blend of Lifecolor's Liquid Pigments and Tamiya Weathering Masters. Pictures courtesy of my uber-talented photographer wife Amanda (www.morningdewphotography.com).

ALM201802240001.jpg

ALM201802240006.jpg

ALM201802240008.jpg

ALM201802240014-Pano.jpg

contest_photo.jpg

• Like 6

I was following your build on this and I just lost track of it. This Bus turned out just great. The Rusting and all of the many detail parts you created go a long way toeward the effect you were trying for. You mentioned that yours was the only one in its class, but the most important award in my mind is the People's Choice award. When you receive that kind of acknowledgement you know you have a winner.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...