Model Cars Magazine Forum

Flickr is changing

crazyjim

First it's Photobucket so I switch to Flickr.  Now Flickr is changing to Smugmug.  We can't these photo places leave me alone?  Now I have a HUGE account at PB and a much smaller account at Flickr. All I want to do is store pics somewhere and be able post model pics here. Marcia wants me to go to googledocs because googlephoto doesn't work for her.  I'm not the greatest when it comes to learning new computer stuff.  Any suggestions?

After the photobucket implosion, I switched to Fotki on the recommendation of several friends. One of whom is a professional photographer with thousands of images stored on Fotki for several years with zero issues. After fighting with PB for the last couple of years to do anything (upload, post, organize, etc), Fotki is a breeze to work with. You get a free trial to check it out and the basic paid accounts are a very reasonable cost IMO.

3 hours ago, Toner283 said:

After the photobucket implosion, I switched to Fotki on the recommendation of several friends. One of whom is a professional photographer with thousands of images stored on Fotki for several years with zero issues. After fighting with PB for the last couple of years to do anything (upload, post, organize, etc), Fotki is a breeze to work with. You get a free trial to check it out and the basic paid accounts are a very reasonable cost IMO.

I have to agree.  I have used Fotki for a number of years and been really pleased.

2 minutes ago, crazyjim said:

I guess I'll have to check out Fotki or Google photo.  Hope I would be able to transfer all the pics from PB and flickr.  Then I'd have to learn how to post the pics over here.

Posting pictures from a Fotki account is the same idea as Photobucket. Copy the picture link "for forums" and paste it into your reply. When you hit post, the image will appear.

On 4/24/2018 at 5:16 PM, Toner283 said:

Posting pictures from a Fotki account is the same idea as Photobucket. Copy the picture link "for forums" and paste it into your reply. When you hit post, the image will appear.

Do it that way for "most" forums but on this one you can just copy and paste the image directly into you post .

Also Fotki has a 30 day free trial and they will help transfer all of your stuff from Photobucket .