Model Cars Magazine Forum

revell 29 ford hood wanted

The AMT '29 Ford hood is pretty easy to fit to the Revell kit, and a '32 hood can be narrowed at the rear and slightly reshaped in front, plus shortened a tick.

Ask on the "wanted" section for the AMT '29 hood. There were tens of thousands, at least, of that kit made (in many different releases), and somebody here is sure to have one they'll part with.

43 minutes ago, LDO said:

Why not a Revell hood?

The recent Revell '29 doesn't have a hood. Part of the reason is the stretched engine bay dimensions.  image.jpeg.780e1938cab95df05fd3552c40c52de7.jpeg

This old-tool kit (and other versions) would work, however, it will have to be stretched.  image.jpeg.5cab1f79de79bce3c76aedc2af061d19.jpeg

The AMT hood will have to be stretched to fit the recent Revell kit as well.  image.jpeg.b22a94ba736198160f567ee17adf495d.jpeg

NOTE: The AMT kits can generally be found a little cheaper than the old Revell kits, if you're buying one for parts. BUT...the frame and suspension in the old Revell kits are superior if you're wanting to do a "traditional" buggy-spring car.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

42 minutes ago, matador88 said:

my problem with kitbashing is that i am not from US. so single part availability (and in that case direct fitted) would be best for me. 

Unfortunately, none of the hoods from other kits are going to fit without some modification. How are your skills there?

I've sent a few parts to board friends overseas, but we once had a problem with the English customs officer apparently not understanding US money, and charging the recipient import duty for $50 (50 dollars) on a part that was actually valued at $.50 (50 cents).

46 minutes ago, GaryR said:

A suggestion for somebody with both the Orange Crate and the 29 kits, try the Crate Hood. Have no idea if it was stretched, but looks like it might have been. Side panels would be the easy part.

It's worth a look, and I do have both of those in stock, but...

The Orange Crate is a '32 Ford, and as such, if it's scaled correctly, the width and shape of both the cowl edge and the radiator shell edge will be very different from a '29 Ford.

I was thinking of the resin hood in the early re issues, a larger hood could be turned down I would think.As I said the side panels would bd be easy.

This hood would look kind of odd. 

Can the OP ( or somebody ) estimate how much longer a stock 29 hood would have to be?