Model Cars Magazine Forum

MAN - Burnt Out Cab

tiking

9 hours ago, GlueTube said:

Fabulous work. What did you use for the debris and ash inside the cab?

Regards

Brian Kroon

Thank you. The ash is the real thing. As for debris, I used pieces of parts from my 'MISC. BOX'. as well as plastic glass I broke up and chard a little with black pigment. 

20 hours ago, misterNNL said:

Your attention to the never seen underlying sheet metal parts of the cab and seats adds a very authentic aspect to this diorama. Well researched and executed. Thanks for sharing.

Much appreciated.

1 minute ago, Reuhkapelti said:

Very well done. All the little details look so real. Wow!

Glad you think so. Thank you.

I really love the detail work that went into this! Looks realistic.

But what gets me in that pass side tire. Sorry but all the realistic detailing on the rim but the tire isn't flat or burnt but the rim is.  The detail on the rest of build looks great and very very realistic.

4 hours ago, M0par Jim said:

I really love the detail work that went into this! Looks realistic.

But what gets me in that pass side tire. Sorry but all the realistic detailing on the rim but the tire isn't flat or burnt but the rim is.  The detail on the rest of build looks great and very very realistic.

I was just waiting for someone to ask me that. 

I have had many people asking the same thing. All I can say is, The right tyre is flat. It is difficult to tell with all the ashes surrounding it. And yes, my reference photo had a similar attribute. I know most would wonder why the right tyre did not get burnt to a crisp like the left tyre...In most cases depending on the degree of the fire and where it was most intense. I have seen photos with similar attributes. Here were some reference photos, that inspired me. Hope it helps:

burnt3-vi.jpg
burnt-vi.jpg
burnt2-vi.jpg

There is your answer. Not everything one thinks, is. :)

Edited by tiking

Wow, that is some impressive work.  I have seen in person the odd burnt out vehicle and the only thing I could say that is missing is the melting/dripping of the plastic that makes up such a huge portion of todays cars and trucks.  Mind you if the fire were hot enough and no one put it out it is conceivable that all the plastic was completely consumed in the blaze.  Either way, you did an outstanding job.

Mark.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/26/2018 at 8:14 AM, Anglia105E said:

Absolutely brilliant Charles..... if you hadn't told us this was a model, it would easily pass for the real thing. Your attention to detail shows that your observation is at a high level. The whole effect is just perfect. Every part of the truck cab seems to be correct for a burnt-out scenario. Very nicely done indeed and I shall come back to have a second look at your fine work. Would this be the 1:24 scale Italeri M.A.N. kit ?

David

I could not agree more. I thought you were trying to build a model of the scene. Only after rereading the post did I realize this is the model. Most impressive. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, smhardesty said:

I just ran across your trailer with the rolled steel. Thought I'd check out some more of your work. Charles, you are an artist when it comes to heavily detailed and weathered trucks and trailers. Extremely realistic.

Too kind. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I appreciate your warm uplifting words. Hope you enjoy the rest of my other models. 

8 hours ago, .Regal said:

That's incredible, I can't imagine how you did half the techniques required to give the truck a realistic, burned look. I'd like to see more, maybe a few cars.

Thanks consider it. Thank you for your encouraging words.