Model Cars Magazine Forum

MAN - Burnt Out Cab

tiking

I have been experimenting lately with different burnt out effects lately. As you can see in some pics I have tried simulating carbon fibers as they literally tear into almost thread-like material, by using disinfection wipes. It looks 'OK' but not quite perfect. I have added more modulation effects on the cab and more weathering on the overall cab and truck as a whole. I think , I am satisfied with the results , especially, after taking some outside photos of the model. What do you guys think?

MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo2-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo3-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo4-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo5-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo6-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo7-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo8-vi.jpg
MAN_burntoutcab_outside_photo9-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo10-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo11-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo12-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo13-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo14-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo15-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo16-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo17-vi.jpg
AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo18-vi.jpg

MAN_outside_photo3-vi.jpg

AN_burntoutcab_outside_photo19-vi.jpg

Edited by tiking
  • Like 1

Absolutely brilliant Charles..... if you hadn't told us this was a model, it would easily pass for the real thing. Your attention to detail shows that your observation is at a high level. The whole effect is just perfect. Every part of the truck cab seems to be correct for a burnt-out scenario. Very nicely done indeed and I shall come back to have a second look at your fine work. Would this be the 1:24 scale Italeri M.A.N. kit ?

David

4 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Absolutely brilliant Charles..... if you hadn't told us this was a model, it would easily pass for the real thing. Your attention to detail shows that your observation is at a high level. The whole effect is just perfect. Every part of the truck cab seems to be correct for a burnt-out scenario. Very nicely done indeed and I shall come back to have a second look at your fine work. Would this be the 1:24 scale Italeri M.A.N. kit ?

David

Thank you. Yes. It is the Italeri kit. 

4 hours ago, GLMFAA1 said:

Very nice, hard to tell the point of origin. good detail on the burnt tire. Just one question, would this have been a  total burn in itself with no attempt of being extinguished ?

greg

Good question. We will never know, would we. ;) 

57 minutes ago, Flynlo said:

Absolutely stunning! I would say that you have mastered the burned out effect on this one Charles.

Thank you. Great to hear it from others that I have come close to achieving fb e end goal.