Model Cars Magazine Forum

Long bed Ford F-100 pickup, not the average...

Started out as a Moebius 71 F-100 long bed, as the build progressed I found the usual warped hood, also warped tailgate, & frame...this must have been a very early issue of the kit.  So I worked with what I had...& came up with what you see. I scratch build duel exhaust, added Ford SOHC motor, traction bars, Molotow chrome wheels, & 69 grille.....since it had Silver wheels, black masked headlights, I named it ......the Blown Ranger...:rolleyes:

blr1.jpg

blr2.jpg

blr3.jpg

On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 4:20 AM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I like it!!

On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 9:54 AM, espo said:

I like the way you aged the paint. With all the body and frame issues you were faced with it turned out great.

thanks guys

On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 10:22 AM, mustang1989 said:

Man! This is great!!! It reminds me of what folks would do to a truck back home when I was a kid. A brown paper grocery bag in the front seat with a some groceries sticking out of the bag would add quite a bit of humor to it. ;)

thanks Joe, it took so long to build that I ate up all the groceries.......:D

On Friday, April 27, 2018 at 2:55 PM, Jim N said:

You made lemonade out of lemons.  Great job!  The engine looks great and so does the wear and tear on the paint.

that's one way to put it, originally it was to be a shiny pickup, but plans change....