Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Trophy Series '32 Ford, '62 Era Drag Altered

larman

Here is my current project. AMT Trophy Series '32 Ford Coupe.The plan is to replicate a 1962 era NHRA A/Altered. The caveat being that it will be built entirely with original Trophy Series parts. This is what I have so far: Coupe body, which I have completed the rough chop on. Chassis has had floor and molded in exhaust removed. Will have quick change rear from the '25 T. Front wheels are spindle mounts from an original Double Dragster kit. Rears are open steel wheels from the '40 coupe. These may be swapped  for the mags from the '49 Ford coupe. The motor will be a Pontiac from the '36 Ford. At this point, I am thinking topped with 6-71 supercharger from the Double Dragster. In the interior, I have a '40 Ford steering wheel, '36 Ford Shifter, foot shaped gas pedal from the Double Dragster, fire extinguiser from the '36, seat from  the '25 T. Might make it center steer.I am planning on removing the radiator from the shell and using the Moon gas tank from the Double Dragster out front.There is a lot more to do, but I wanted to post pics since it is up on wheels. The front will be lowered a bit and the back raised, so it has a nice hot rod rake. I don't think it will be channeled down either. Just sitting that way now. I will also add a hood with no side panels. I am not sure about color yet, but I have quite a bit of work until it gets to that point anyway. -DSCN8284.JPG.c7d4aed622838537a7592273e8b88958.JPGDSCN8285.thumb.JPG.636d166f88b51094e74728ad99b814c3.JPG

16 hours ago, NOBLNG said:

I Like it! You need a better spot for the spare tire though.:D

LOL! :)

13 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Great idea. Old School Rod 

Are you going to use glue from the sixties also? LOL

No! But I do have some vintage glue tubes and liquid containers around here somewhere....:P

• 4 weeks later...